Could the Angels be after Tejada again?

JakeeO

Ok, I'm going to give this a shot. Any of the following deals I would be ok with accepting. I am sure some posters have proposed some of the same deals.

Angels Receive

Tejada

Orioles Receive

1 of Santana, Weaver, Lackey

1 of Wood or Kendrick

Cabrera

Kotchman

By trading for Cabrera, that helps get Kotchman included in the deal. I feel Cabrera would have to be included in any deal we make with the Angels because they have no room for him. Kendrick played SS in high school and I assume he can make the transition. Deal would be unlikely to happen.

A more realistic trade would be:

Aybar

Kotchman

Cabrera

Would I make that deal? I don't know. I guess they could throw in McPherson or Jose Arredondo, who I mention later, and I would make that deal.

If you expanded the deal:

Angels Receive:

Tejada

Lopez

Player to be Named Later (Newhan)

Orioles Receive:

1 of Santana, Lackey, Weaver

Aybar

Kotchman

Mathis

Cabrera

Kevin Gregg

Of all the deals that don't include Wood or Kendrick, this is the one I like the most.

And here is one out of left field:

Orioles Receive:

Santana or Weaver

Cabrera

SS, A+, 21 - Sean Rodriguez

SP, A+, 22 - Jose Arredondo

Kotchman

I don't know much about Rodriguez or Arredondo, but their numbers show a lot of potential, as well as some red flags. If we decided on a true fire sale, this option might be best.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I'm going to give this a shot. Any of the following deals I would be ok with accepting. I am sure some posters have proposed some of the same deals.

Angels Receive

Tejada

Orioles Receive

1 of Wood or Kendrick

Cabrera

Kotchman

By trading for Cabrera, that helps get Kotchman included in the deal. I feel Cabrera would have to be included in any deal we make with the Angels because they have no room for him. Kendrick played SS in high school and I assume he can make the transition. Deal would be unlikely to happen.

A more realistic trade would be:

Aybar

Kotchman

Cabrera

Would I make that deal? I don't know. I guess they could throw in McPherson or Jose Arredondo, who I mention later, and I would make that deal.

If you expanded the deal:

Angels Receive:

Tejada

Lopez

Player to be Named Later (Newhan)

Orioles Receive:

1 of Santana, Lackey, Weaver

Aybar

Kotchman

Mathis

Cabrera

Kevin Gregg

Of all the deals that don't include Wood or Kendrick, this is the one I like the most.

And here is one out of left field:

Orioles Receive:

Santana or Weaver

Cabrera

SS, A+, 21 - Sean Rodriguez

SP, A+, 22 - Jose Arredondo

Kotchman

I don't know much about Rodriguez or Arredondo, but their numbers show a lot of potential, as well as some red flags. If we decided on a true fire sale, this option might be best.

You have to realize that we are trading an mvp. If we are going to trade an mvp you better be getting propsects that will pan out. If you get risky propsects there a good chance you can set the orioles back a few yrs. Also you better be getting a player to replace him.

I would only accept a trade of miguel tejada and javy lopez

For Brandon Wood, Ervin santana or Jared Weaver, and Casey kotchman

What difference does Tejada's position in the field make when he's hitting in the line-up?

Throw out Tejada's fielding in the discussion and Miggy is still a superior player.

This is due to the fact that it's far easier to find another outfielder that can approach Manny's production than it is to find another shortstop that can approach Miggy's production.

So even though Manny is a superior hitter, if you take into account his ability relative to all the other hitters at his position and Miggy's ability relative to all other hitters at his position, Miggy is far far more valuable to a team than Manny ever could be - at least until he changes position.

You have to realize that we are trading an mvp. If we are going to trade an mvp you better be getting propsects that will pan out. If you get risky propsects there a good chance you can set the orioles back a few yrs. Also you better be getting a player to replace him.

I would only accept a trade of miguel tejada and javy lopez

For Brandon Wood, Ervin santana or Jared Weaver, and Casey kotchman

The case can be made that aside from Albert Pujols, Tejada is the most valuable player in baseball right now. There might not be a way to improve a team more than swapping a hitter of his caliber for a guy like Cabrera - it's the ulimtimate step up from an offensive standpoint.

So you ask for the house if you make a trade for him. You want a minimum of one quality, young major league starting pitcher and two top (and I mean top) prospects, period.

If you expand the trade to include Javy for Cabrera, then we should get Kotchman or the equivalent as well.

If they won't do that deal, you walk. Tejada is too valuable to accept anything less.

You have to realize that we are trading an mvp.

An ex MVP. Tejada's a valuable player but nobody in their right mind is going to claim he's the best in the league right now.

I'd love to get a package of prospects including Brandon Wood from the Angels, but I have to admit that if we had him at Bowie right now he'd be all but untouchable IMO.

An ex MVP. Tejada's a valuable player but nobody in their right mind is going to claim he's the best in the league right now.

I'd love to get a package of prospects including Brandon Wood from the Angels, but I have to admit that if we had him at Bowie right now he'd be all but untouchable IMO.

Would he still be untouchable if we were coming off a recent Championship and a trip to the ALCS?

It's one thing for the O's to hold onto prospects, it's another for the Angels. Especially, when they have another SS prospect and would trading for the best SS in baseball who hasn't missed a game in years.

Would he still be untouchable if we were coming off a recent Championship and a trip to the ALCS?

Depends on a lot of "ifs". Should the O's have entertained serious offers for Cal Ripken in 1981 because they'd been to the World Series a couple years prior?

I'd love to know what they're saying on LAA boards about a Tejada trade. Do they think he'd be worth Wood, Kotchman, & Weaver/Santana?

Depends on a lot of "ifs". Should the O's have entertained serious offers for Cal Ripken in 1981 because they'd been to the World Series a couple years prior?

I'd love to know what they're saying on LAA boards about a Tejada trade. Do they think he'd be worth Wood, Kotchman, & Weaver/Santana?

Not sure but Markpolis, who is in LA, said the FO is getting slammed for nothing trading prospects for guys like Tejada.

I think they would be upset about trading one of the pitchers more than anything.

/QUOTE]

Yes.

Hindsight is 20/20, but a contending team should always entertain trading unproven prospects for proven MLers.

Sometimes you get burned and sometimes you don't...

I don't think the Red Sox were missing Carl Pavano, Tony Armas, Casey Fossum, Brandon Lyon, Jorge De La Rosa and Michael Goss when they watched Schilling, Pedro help get them a WS.

For every Cal Ripken, there are tons of prospects that don't pan out...

One example does not make a rule.

Let's see--- the Bosox asked for Kendrick, Shields,Figgins and Wood. From La perspective with pressure to win now, they may say a grudging ok for Kendrick (possibly the best hitting prospect since Tracy), but no to Figgins and Shields as they are current cogs. Perhaps they would agree to Santanna and Kotchman since he has apparently been passed by Morales ( PA would never take this cuban exile). In place of Wood why not Aybar and SAunders?

Let's see--- the Bosox asked for Kendrick, Shields,Figgins and Wood. From La perspective with pressure to win now, they may say a grudging ok for Kendrick (possibly the best hitting prospect since Tracy), but no to Figgins and Shields as they are current cogs. Perhaps they would agree to Santanna and Kotchman since he has apparently been passed by Morales ( PA would never take this cuban exile). In place of Wood why not Aybar and SAunders?

Why would PA have issues with a Cuban exile?

Tejada is arguably a top 5 player. In return I want a top five prospect (Wood - #3 overall, Baseball America.) IMO, Wood must be in the deal if we're dealing Tejada. Otherwise, I'd give Arizona a call and see if we could get Stephen Drew and maybe a blocked outfielder like Quentin or Carlos Gonzalez.

Supposedly PA has a relationship with Castro from the O's- Cuban exhibition days---that's what I repeatedly read.

Regarding Wood, he is not setting the world on fire at the higher level andI think Aybar and Kendrick value is under-valued here.

Supposedly PA has a relationship with Castro from the O's- Cuban exhibition days---that's what I repeatedly read.

Regarding Wood, he is not setting the world on fire at the higher level andI think Aybar and Kendrick value is under-valued here.

LOL.

Are we accusing the "greedy, billionaire" of being a Communist? If true, people would certainly have to start putting a new spin on all the anti-Angelos propaganda. Of course, I guess Sapper would say "dictators of a feather flock together."

But seriously, I know first hand that Angelos does have an interest in Cuba, but I don't think it's at all to the point where he has some important relationship with Fidel-himself, nor do I think he is sympathetic to that government, nor do I think he has any aversion to Cuban-exiles.

Archived