Why in the world???

scOtt

Would you build a non-dome stadium in Denver??? 31 degrees at game time. Did they just assume they'd never be playing in October? :rolleyes:

I lived in Denver for a year and I can say a domed stadium would be a shame. i love Coors field.

The temperature there in October is hit or miss. This is atypical.

Would you build a non-dome stadium in Denver??? 31 degrees at game time. Did they just assume they'd never be playing in October? :rolleyes:

They figured with global warming, it'd be nice and toasty in a couple years. By 2050 they'll have a "Splash Zone" like in San Fran. :D

Crazy, though. They just said they might see snow tonight and get "well below the 28 degree mark." Yippee!

They figured with global warming, it'd be nice and toasty in a couple years. By 2050 they'll have a "Splash Zone" like in San Fran. :D

Crazy, though. They just said they might see snow tonight and get "well below the 28 degree mark." Yippee!

:P I live about 250 miles from Ocean City. I pray for global warming every day. In fact I take two cans of hairspray and empty them into the atmosphere every day.

Global warming happens... ice caps melt... I'm sitting on beachfront property! :D

:P I live about 250 miles from Ocean City. I pray for global warming every day. In fact I take two cans of hairspray and empty them into the atmosphere every day.

Global warming happens... ice caps melt... I'm sitting on beachfront property! :D

Reminds me of an old Drew Carey joke about Cleveland in winter: "Screw the grandkids! I'm cold now!" :laughlol:

I actually just started a thread in a somewhat similar vein about Minnesota.

Minnesota just completed their non-domed brand new stadium as well.

Apparently they wanted to do a retractable dome ala Milwaukee, but could not come up with the extra 100 Million it would've taken to get it done.

I was wondering the exact same thing when I read about their stadium. Now I know the rest of the story...

By the time 7 pm rolls around in October, it can be near 30 degrees in either New York or Philadelphia.

I was in St. Louis this weekend and the Game 3 game time temp was 37. It is what it is during October.

Archived