This is a GOOD thing!

scOtt

The Yankees winning. Not even to take away the respect that the Yankees deserve, they are a GREAT team. Pushed over the top, last December and January, spending all that money.

I'm guessing they will certainly land at least one of the biggest FAs this offseason. They won't spend another half a Billion but they won't be too far behind...

When they win it all NEXT year....... all the rest of baseball will take notice. This is an odd proposal from a DIEHARD Orioles fan. We will of course back the Orange and Black Attack™ but we should all root for the Skanks to win it all. This year, next year, next.... until MLB finally does something about revenues in baseball.

The Yankees winning. Not even to take away the respect that the Yankees deserve, they are a GREAT team. Pushed over the top, last December and January, spending all that money.

I'm guessing they will certainly land at least one of the biggest FAs this offseason. They won't spend another half a Billion but they won't be too far behind...

When they win it all NEXT year....... all the rest of baseball will take notice. This is an odd proposal from a DIEHARD Orioles fan. We will of course back the Orange and Black Attack™ but we should all root for the Skanks to win it all. This year, next year, next.... until MLB finally does something about revenues in baseball.

Unfortunately I don't think the rest of baseball will take notice until TV ratings, and hence revenues, go on a steep decline. And as long as the team in the #1 media market, with a very large national following to boot, is able to purchase championships, I don't think such declines will happen.

Archived