Why not Holliday?

JTrea81

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think of him as an OFer, rather a RH #4 hitter that is good defensively at his position.

Would you give a RH #4 hitter of his caliber that was good defensively 18+ million per season regardless of position?

And by signing him, you free up one or two of those OFers for a deal.

Honestly, to give that type of money to a guy that didn't do well in the AL last year, and only produced when batting behind Pujols is kind of a joke. I was actually hoping the Sox or Yanks would overpay him because I really don't think he's worth it. I could be wrong...but I see him as being overrated.

Nick, YES! Adam, Yes hitting is a little off still, Nolan, unproven ard to say he is a above average outfielder and Felix, NO WAY! He can't hit and looks shaky sometimes in the field definetly not above average.

Somebody didn't watch enough Orioles baseball in the second half of last year.

Because we have 4 above average OFers and pissing away 18+ million a year on another one is a stupid use of resources.

This horse isn't dead yet. Beat it some more. <-- Looks like sarcasm, but for the first time, isn't.

We have a great amount of run production out of our 4 OF. It would be a waste to pick him up, because it would be a relatively small upgrade at the position. It's not like upgrading from Mora to Gordon, which would be a big increase in production.

This would be an upgrade obviously, but it would be wasted money. We have money to spend, but not for the sake of spending it.

With what was said, how do you figure? Did the Orioles play in the second half last year? Are you seriously going to tell me thet Pie is an "above average outfielfder"?

He's definitely an above average fielder.

The bat looked much better in the 2nd half, and I think when you combine his defense with his offense (even if it's average), yeah. He could very easily be an above average outfielder.

He may have watched it..just doesn't know how to analyze what he saw and what Felix has done in the past.

I'm not willing to say Pie is an above average outfielder yet. If he does what he did over the second half for an entire year than maybe, but not yet.

So are you saying that the radio guys were saying the Yankees would be after him?

I'm not so sure, though it wouldn't be a shock at all.

If they do land Holliday, they'll have to trade one of Cabrera or Swisher.

I can vividly remember this argument being thrown about last year, as in...."There is no way the Yankees are going to sign Tex, they just got Swisher, where will they play him?"

Anybody else remember this line of thinking? If so, then there is no way that you can say with a straight face that they would not sign Holliday because they have Swisher and Cabrera. Seriously...We are trying to sign him to replace one Reimold/Pie/Markakis/Jones. You think Cabrera and Swisher will seriously stop them from getting Holliday if they wanted him? That is truly funny!!! Thanks for the laugh today!:rofl:

He's definitely an above average fielder.

The bat looked much better in the 2nd half, and I think when you combine his defense with his offense (even if it's average), yeah. He could very easily be an above average outfielder.

Ok read what you wrote....

"He COULD very easily be an above average outfielder"

So does that mean as of now he is not?

Holliday IS, and would fit perfect to what we need. And with all the talent in the outfield, couldn't we put one of them in a trade to bring in a first basemen?

Archived