Why not Holliday?

JTrea81

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony said he is NOT yet and that he could be. Where did I say he couldn't be?

Right here....

Nick, YES! Adam, Yes hitting is a little off still, Nolan, unproven ard to say he is a above average outfielder and <b>Felix, NO WAY! He can't hit and looks shaky sometimes in the field definetly not above average.</b>

Do we NEED it? No! I just like what Holliday brings to the table with his middle of the line-up presence. I am thinking we could trade one of the other outfielders, not Nick or Jones....

Do you think we need another outfielder?

I don't think we need another one.

RF: Markakis

CF: Pie

LF: Jones

DH: Reimold

Trade Scott.

Nick, YES! Adam, Yes hitting is a little off still, Nolan, unproven ard to say he is a above average outfielder and Felix, NO WAY! He can't hit and looks shaky sometimes in the field definetly not above average.
I'm not willing to say Pie is an above average outfielder yet. If he does what he did over the second half for an entire year than maybe, but not yet.
Tony said he is NOT yet and that he could be. Where did I say he couldn't be?

If you can't see the difference here, I am not sure what to tell you.

Right here....

Where here did I say he could not become above average? I did not, my friend. I understand we have a solid amount of good, productive outfielders. IMO, Holliday would be a good fit and wecould trade the others. It's just a opinion. I personally, would trade Pie, Nolan and or Scott. Jones and Markakis I would not.

Looks like the Mets and Red Sox are fighting over Bay. The loser gets to fight the Cards for Holiday.

The O's have no dog in that fight. They could run the price up a little before Holiday picks a contender to sign with. It is basically a waste of MacPhail's time.

Alrighty, let's not turn this thing into a Pie thread. We've had plenty of those.

I realize we have four OFers, and five if you count Luke Scott.

However, if you sign Holliday, that gives you the opportunity to trade one or two of Reimold, Scott, Pie or even Jones to upgrade at another position.

The Orioles can get creative here, as they can't find that RH hitting 1B man, but they can find a RH #4 hitter, and then they can use the depth that they've acquired to go ahead and trade for a 1st baseman that they wouldn't have been able to get because the players they now have to trade weren't orginally expendable.

Archived