Wash Post: O's considering tejada trade

JakeeO

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't heard about his tardiness before. That's a problem, but what I'm more concerned about is:

"Several team sources said they have noticed Tejada sulking some of late, perhaps stemming from his name being linked to the investigation into an affidavit from former Oriole Jason Grimsley, which appears to link several of his ex-teammates to the use of amphetamines and perhaps other substances. (The names in the affidavit have been redacted.) Since it became public on June 7, Tejada is hitting just .236 (17 for 72)."

Wow, what an article packed full of good info...I liked this quote:

"If this is the route they go, they shouldn't have re-signed [Melvin] Mora to that extension," another AL team executive said. "Not to say they shouldn't [trade Tejada] but they better be sure they get enough talent back in return. Based on the Mora signing, they should expect to compete in the next year or two."

On my radio show yesterday, radio reporter Craig Heist mentioned how "disinterested" Tejada looked of late. It very well could be a problem again, though who didn't see it coming with the moves made, and not made over the winter?

Really? I thought the article said a lot of nothing. Didn't name any possible trades or anything.

The exec was right...Why sign Mora if trading Miggy was a possibility...That was always one of my major points.

Tejada needs to stop sulking and start hitting again. Teams need to see him at his best...If they offer us a great package, he will be gone. If he wants to be gone, he needs to know this.

The interesting part to me was the mention that the Orioles would require a major league pitcher back in a trade. Notable since a lot of you think (want) a boatload of prospects back. I'm not sure if that's what the FO is thinking.

I'm not concerned about his tardiness. He's a star, stars can get away with showing up late as long as he's there for the game and delivers.

The interesting part to me was the mention that the Orioles would require a major league pitcher back in a trade. Notable since a lot of you think (want) a boatload of prospects back. I'm not sure if that's what the FO is thinking.

I'm not concerned about his tardiness. He's a star, stars can get away with showing up late as long as he's there for the game and delivers.

Actually, this was the best part...The other day we heard they wanted a major league hitter.

This tells me Santana, Wood and Kotchman or Morales gets it done.

I hadn't heard about his tardiness before. That's a problem, but what I'm more concerned about is:

"Several team sources said they have noticed Tejada sulking some of late, perhaps stemming from his name being linked to the investigation into an affidavit from former Oriole Jason Grimsley, which appears to link several of his ex-teammates to the use of amphetamines and perhaps other substances. (The names in the affidavit have been redacted.) Since it became public on June 7, Tejada is hitting just .236 (17 for 72)."

That freaked me out too. It's his power numbers that are down this month, avg is up from May but is still a big dropoff from his crazy hot April

April: .422/6/21

May: .224/8/19

June: 293/2/14

Tejada is out of control, and he is a powderkeg waiting to go off. He's late for games, and refuses to pay the fines levied against him. It sounds like he is making up his own rules, and the Orioles refuse to call him on it.

For the good of the team, discipline him by sitting him for at least a game right NOW.

On my radio show yesterday, radio reporter Craig Heist mentioned how "disinterested" Tejada looked of late. It very well could be a problem again, though who didn't see it coming with the moves made, and not made over the winter?

That's one of the main reasons I've been advocating trading Miggy. I just didn't feel that Miggy would be himself with this team.

Archived