Nats release Elijah Dukes

sakata_catching

It's interesting that the Nats have to choose between Willie Harris and Willy Taveras for their now vacant RF slot.

Hmm... and Jermain Dye and his 27 home runs are just a phone call away.

Living in northern VA and having a bit more insight into the Nats than the normal baseball fan, I can honestly say that they will never make this signing. The Nats never do anything that make sense.

Some people really wanted this guy and gave Bowden high praise for this acquisition.

Who, besides the Nats, wanted this guy? He had no market when the Rays dumped him and still had no market when the Nats tried to trade him.

Raw talent? YES

Coachable? NO

Knucklehead and thug? YES

I'd be surprised if anyone takes a flyer on the father-of-the-year (in terms of quantity not quality).

I am surprised they released him out of the blue. Like some other said there had to be an incident or something for them to release him this randomly. I still believe he has talent and has the potential to be good. Obviously he has to work on his attitude. I have no interest in the O's signing him though.

I think the Nat's need to sign Jermaine Dye to replace him though. He may not be a long term solution, but he is a great player who will help boost their lineup and would be and upgrade. Besides its not like anyone on that team is a long term fixture besides Zimmerman, Desmond, Strasburg, and Lannan. He would be a great signing for them to give them veteran presence, 2 or 3 good years until they find a long term solution and would excite their fans. It would be like their signings of Dunn, Pudge, and Marquis. If I was a Nats fan I would be fairly upset if they don't sign Dye and have Maxwell, Harris, or Morse in RF opening day.

I am surprised they released him out of the blue. Like some other said there had to be an incident or something for them to release him this randomly. I still believe he has talent and has the potential to be good. Obviously he has to work on his attitude. I have no interest in the O's signing him though.

I think the Nat's need to sign Jermaine Dye to replace him though. He may not be a long term solution, but he is a great player who will help boost their lineup and would be and upgrade. Besides its not like anyone on that team is a long term fixture besides Zimmerman, Desmond, Strasburg, and Lannan. He would be a great signing for them to give them veteran presence, 2 or 3 good years until they find a long term solution and would excite their fans. It would be like their signings of Dunn, Pudge, and Marquis. If I was a Nats fan I would be fairly upset if they don't sign Dye and have Maxwell, Harris, or Morse in RF opening day.

I'd give Maxwell a shot before wasting money on Dye.

And I was flipping past their game on MASN the other day when I saw Mike Morse playing first, and couldn't help but wonder what hole they dug him out of. Looks like he hit pretty well in the minors last year, and if he can play the outfield could be worth a shot.

If I'm a Nationals fan, the last thing I'm worried about is a 36-year-old whose power is dropping and who plays the outfield worse than Adam Dunn.

Archived