Dwight Gooden has sunk even lower

Skeletor

DWI with kids in the car at 8:50 in the morning.

Gooden, 45, was arrested Tuesday in Franklin Lakes at about 8:50 a.m. after getting into the crash while under the influence of drugs, Deadspin.com reported.

Gooden, who has previously served time behind bars on a cocaine conviction, was released on his own recognizance.

The Mets invited Gooden to spring training this season to serve as an advisor.

Cops said Gooden was arrested and charged with multiple crimes including, driving while under the influence of drugs, being under the Influence of a controlled dangerous substance, endangering the welfare of a child, DWI with a child passenger, leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident, reckless driving, failure to keep right and failure to notify change of address regarding driver's license.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/03/24/yankee-ace-dwight-doc-gooden-busted-dwi-kids-car/

Man, thats still sad to see. 45 years old, should be awaiting his first HoF ballot results in 2010 instead of getting in trouble.

If I had to pick one between him and Strawberry, I'd have picked Doc to come out okay. Sad to see he's still battling his demons, especially in front of his kids.

Man, thats still sad to see. 45 years old, should be awaiting his first HoF ballot results in 2010 instead of getting in trouble.

If I had to pick one between him and Strawberry, I'd have picked Doc to come out okay. Sad to see he's still battling his demons, especially in front of his kids.

I'm not sure he's still battling...it sounds like the demons won.

I read a book about the 86 Mets last year. Gooden got to the bigs at 18 or 19. He was apparently a good country boy till he hit the big apple. Quickly hungout with some slightly older party boys and the rest is history.

Archived