Jackie Robinson #42

RayC

I think it is a nice gesture on the part of MLB to recognize Jackie for his unique contribution to the game. I also agree that some recognition is a good thing each year, as well as the permanent retirement of his number.

BUT, what pea-brain at MLB thought of the idea to have every player wear the number 42 on their uniform in league games? What does that contribute to Robinson's memory that the other things mentioned above do not? Really stupid idea, especially when the players do not have their names on the back of the uniform.

That person should be fired!

Just my opinion!...thanks

I think it is a nice gesture on the part of MLB to recognize Jackie for his unique contribution to the game. I also agree that some recognition is a good thing each year, as well as the permanent retirement of his number.

BUT, what pea-brain at MLB thought of the idea to have every player wear the number 42 on their uniform in league games? What does that contribute to Robinson's memory that the other things mentioned above do not? Really stupid idea, especially when the players do not have their names on the back of the uniform.

That person should be fired!

Just my opinion!...thanks

Ken Griffey Jr. thought of it, appealed to the league, and they adopted it.

Since I live in the Philly area, I listen to the Phils games as well as to the O's.

The Phillies have Larry Andersen as color man on the radio, and he mentioned later in the game that the Phillies have #42 warming up in the bullpen, and it took the play-by-play fellow a bit to realize what Andersen had said...

Archived