May 8: Orioles @ Twins (Game 1)

PrivateO

Why take Guthrie out?

Whats his pitch count? And how would one more batter hurt?

110 pitches - 66 for strikes.

I guess DT was satisfied with 20 outs from Guthrie, quality start. Didn't want to give Span a chance to get Guthrie in more trouble?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good outing for Guts today. That is what you like to see in game one of a double header.

Any time the SP gets you 20 outs, you gotta be happy about it... IMO, 20 outs is the new CG...

110 pitches - 66 for strikes.

I guess DT was satisfied with 20 outs from Guthrie, quality start. Didn't want to give Span a chance to get Guthrie in more trouble?

Yeah, let guts get the bottom of the order, but if it gets turned over no reason to let Span face him for a fourth time especially only up by three.

Guthrie should be facing Span. He hasn't looked good in his AB's against Guts and no reason to waste Ohman getting warmed up and everything for one AB, imo.

Up by three, 111 pitches, top of the order and a dangerous lead-off hitter with speed.

He got him three times, but why risk getting in a bigger jam with the big bats that already have hit homers coming up after. With a couple lefties coming up I would let Ohman stay in.

Archived