Who do you not want the O's to take?

Fairly simple question. Of the top names being bandied about, which (if any) would you be disappointed with?

For the sake of discussion, let's assume Harper to the Nats and Taillon to the Pirates.

I don't want anyone else. Be happy with the 4th pick next year.

If this happens, there better be a lot of overslot signings and a couple of Latin American signings. I don't have a problem with #4 being the end result so long as this years non-signing is supplemented in other areas.

Sounds good and I've even said it once but it's not as good as it sounds. The 4th pick would be a overdraft most likely because of the amount it would take to sign the other pick. Very doubtful the O's spend 12M or more on two first round picks. It would be great but I doubt it.

It's no good if they take an overdraft. They would have to be prepared to dish out approximately $20 million in bonus for the 2 picks. One thing in favor of the club is that next years draft may be the last year without fixed slotting so there should be some pressure on the player to sign. Nevertheless, the theory is only good to the extent Rendon + one of the advanced college arms is the pick(s).

No college or HS pitchers.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on drafting Machado? I know you're a Zach Cox guy, but it seems as if we'll select a positional prospect once BH and JT are off the board.

As for me, I'd prefer that we not take Pomeranz. For a college pitcher, his control doesn't seem very refined, and I've grown tired of guys who cannot throw strikes. Plus, I don't see him as anything more than a 3 starter at best.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on drafting Machado? I know you're a Zach Cox guy, but it seems as if we'll select a positional prospect once BH and JT are off the board.

As for me, I'd prefer that we not take Pomeranz. For a college pitcher, his control doesn't seem very refined, and I've grown tired of guys who cannot throw strikes. Plus, I don't see him as anything more than a 3 starter at best.

I won't be upset with the pick, but I'm really worried he'll turn into another Rowell.

I just don't trust our system to develop those toosly HS players.

Archived