Orioles' 2010 Draftees Signing Tracker (updated 8/12)

Callis also has Wynston Sawyer (8th rounder)'s bonus as $300,000. Not sure if that'd been reported here yet. How does that compare to slot recommendation for that pick/round?

jimcallisBA Orioles have officially signed 8th-rder Wynston Sawyer for $300,000. #mlbdraft

I believe thats like 3rd or 4th round money......

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done particularly well in signing our position players. 23 of 27 are on board, excluding only:

1. Machado (SS)

16. King (OF)

41. Blanchard (SS)

46. Torres ©

Do we care about King, Blanchard or Torres? Are any of those overslots?

We've done particularly well in signing our position players. 23 of 27 are on board, excluding only:

1. Machado (SS)

16. King (OF)

41. Blanchard (SS)

46. Torres ©

Torres definitely is. He is a good defensive catcher with solid offensive upside, though nothing special. King I believe also is, but once again nothing THAT special.

I made a post a week ago called, "Overslots I want to Sign", Torres is one guy a I mentioned, the other guys listed aren't anything worth writing home about though IMO...except for Machado of course....

1. Machado (SS)

16. King (OF)

41. Blanchard (SS)

46. Torres ©

Someone who knows should create a complete list of the Orioles draft picks & If they've signed or not. This thread should be created after last nights deadline. Idont view the sections other than the major league too often. But can find the info without viewing tons of threads. Can anbody help?

Someone who knows should create a complete list of the Orioles draft picks & If they've signed or not. This thread should be created after last nights deadline. Idont view the sections other than the major league too often. But can find the info without viewing tons of threads. Can anbody help?

Ummm....Did you look at the 1st post? It is complete list of the 2010 draft and when/if they agreed to terms.

Ummm Thanks:p I looked at the date & didnt think the last edited. Good signing results... I would have liked toget Dixon though.

I noticed that after the fact. Dixon was kind of odd since it sounded like there was almost a deal in place weeks ago.

I would like to see if any previous unsigned draftees were redrafted and signed this go around by another club this year. For example, Devin Harris (last year's 8th rd pick) drafted in 48th rd and signed by Giants this year. Unless it was for major overslot money, it looks like he lost out on a lot of $.

I think you have to consider the results here pretty good. We signed 39 of 48 picks, including 22 of the first 25 picks and 34 of the top 39. We got our top 7 position player picks, which to me was a very high priority. Most of our misses were on pitchers, and we could afford a few of those.

I think you have to consider the results here pretty good. We signed 39 of 48 picks, including 22 of the first 25 picks and 34 of the top 39. We got our top 7 position player picks, which to me was a very high priority. Most of our misses were on pitchers, and we could afford a few of those.

We signed a lot of guys, but what about the quality?

So far, the hitters drafted in the 5th round and later have put up the following stats:

.221 AVG (426-1930)

163 BB (12.8 PA/BB)

516 K (4.1 PA/K)

Most of the success, if you want to call it that have come from 4th year seniors who at levels below where they should be by age.

It's obviously very early but the lack of plate discipline and power from the players drafted this year have been putrid save for about one or two guys.

• 8 months later...

Archived