AFL Prospect Tracker

McLovin

Arrieta has now pitched 6 innings and given up 3 H, 1 BB and 0 ER. He has me pretty excited considering he has never pitched in the minors and is facing guys who are either High-A all-stars or AA/AAA players. He has been in a relief role probably to protect his arm, is there a chance he could come quickly as a reliever a la Joba Chamberlein?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome to see Reimold start to tear it up. Doubtful he makes the team out of ST, but he should definitely be up by midseason at the latest. He'd have to have an amazing spring like Nick did in '06 for a shot at the MLB roster.

Awesome to see Reimold start to tear it up. Doubtful he makes the team out of ST, but he should definitely be up by midseason at the latest. He'd have to have an amazing spring like Nick did in '06 for a shot at the MLB roster.

Don't know if 6 for 36 constitutes tearing it up, but it is nice to see him showing some pop.

Still, let's be clear... 6 for 30 in the AFL is far from tearing it up.

Ok guys, since we are being clear, the only thing Mackus said was "Starting to tear it up".

I suppose he said "starting" because he had 3 homeruns in his last 3 games. I would constitute that as "starting to tear it up".

Nolan Reimold and Blake Davis were both named to the East Division roster for the 2007 AFL Rising Stars Showcase. The game will be played at 7:05 pm on Friday, October 26 at Surprise Stadium. Currently, Davis is hitting .333 in 18 at-bats with 2 stolen bases. Reimold is batting .200 in 30 at-bats with 3 HR's.

Last year Reimold started the AFL season very hot and then cooled down to ice cube level. This year hopefully it will be the opposite. But even if he does get hot now, he's not making the kind of consistent showing that would have the team giving him a real hard look in spring training. I'm glad he has a few BB's (5), but those 11 K's in 36 PA's worry me.

Nolan Reimold and Blake Davis were both named to the East Division roster for the 2007 AFL Rising Stars Showcase. The game will be played at 7:05 pm on Friday, October 26 at Surprise Stadium. Currently, Davis is hitting .333 in 18 at-bats with 2 stolen bases. Reimold is batting .200 in 30 at-bats with 3 HR's.

Don't forget Bob McCrory. Compare any of his outings to those of Penn and even Arrieta. He has opened some eyes, currently sitting atop the league in saves:

Name 	Team 	W 	L 	ERA 	G 	GS 	CG 	SHO 	SV 	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	HR 	HB 	BB 	SO 	WHIP 	HLD 	GF McCrory	PDD	1	0	1.93	5	0	0	0	4	4.2	1	1	1	0	0	2	6	0.64	0	5

Here's the full roster. (I'll have the pleasure of being in attendance...perhaps will even have the pleasure of meeting Azron...Can't wait :D )

http://www.mlb.com/documents/2007/10/22/2276091/1/Rising_Stars_rosters.pdf

Archived