Delaware beats JMU

Crazysilver03

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, UD''s coach Keeler didn't make the best decisions but they lost when there last second FG veered left. Anyway, a lot of WM fans were still telling Delaware fans that UD was the better team.

From the look of the box score, things looked pretty even. I bet it was a great game to be at with the competitiveness and Homecoming atmosphere. The loss doesn't appear to have hurt Delaware too much.

Villanova (6-2), Williama and Mary (6-2), and Delaware (7-1) rank 3, 4, and 5, respectively in the nation.

UMass (5-3), James Madison (4-4), and Richmond (4-4) are on the borderline of being eliminated from the playoffs. Richmond is probably done at 4 loses, but JMU will get the Delaware treatment with 4 loses. For those unfamiliar, at 4 loses, any team is eliminated, except for Delaware because of the huge stadium and the revenue that comes along. But now JMU has a big stadium so they could still get in. Then again, all 4 of JMU's losses have come in conference.

If I had to guess, the 5 teams coming out of the CAA will be Nova, WM, UD, NH, and UMass.

Delaware has three more games left, against Towson (1-7), UMass, and Villanova. The Battle of the Blue could be a preview of the championship game.

Villanova (6-2), Williama and Mary (6-2), and Delaware (7-1) rank 3, 4, and 5, respectively in the nation.

UMass (5-3), James Madison (4-4), and Richmond (4-4) are on the borderline of being eliminated from the playoffs. Richmond is probably done at 4 loses, but JMU will get the Delaware treatment with 4 loses. For those unfamiliar, at 4 loses, any team is eliminated, except for Delaware because of the huge stadium and the revenue that comes along. But now JMU has a big stadium so they could still get in. Then again, all 4 of JMU's losses have come in conference.

If I had to guess, the 5 teams coming out of the CAA will be Nova, WM, UD, NH, and UMass.

Delaware has three more games left, against Towson (1-7), UMass, and Villanova. The Battle of the Blue could be a preview of the championship game.

It's too bad the Ivy League doesn't send anyone to the playoffs. I'd love to see what Penn could do this year.

W&M should have beaten UNC this week. I'm bitter about us giving it away, but it's nice to know that you should have beaten one of the big boys.

Is that 4 loss rule 4 losses overall or 4 FCS losses?

W&M should have beaten UNC this week. I'm bitter about us giving it away, but it's nice to know that you should have beaten one of the big boys.

Is that 4 loss rule 4 losses overall or 4 FCS losses?

Just like Delaware should have beaten W&M. :D

I didn't realize the loss was to UNC. That won't hurt W&M really, but a win would have definitely helped. In the years Delaware plays Navy, losing doesn't effect them too much, but winning helps them.

Today has an interestng slate of games, but nothing as interesting as JMU vs. Richmond. Both teams are at 4-4 so the loser will miss the playoffs while the winner still has an uphill battle. It has been several years since either team didn't make the playoffs so it would be interesting to see one of them get knocked out with two more games left.

There is also William and Mary taking on New Hampshire in a low scoring game so far.

Richmond knocked JMU out of the playoffs, Delaware crushed Towson 48-0, and Villanova was upset by Rhode Island.

Oh yeah, #1 App State fell. JKST crushed their opponent, and W&M barely eeked by New Hampshire.

Delaware and William and Mary will be ranked 2 of the top 3 schools in the country.

I would personally rank them W&M, Delaware, and JKST.

Oh yeah, #1 App State fell. JKST crushed their opponent, and W&M barely eeked by New Hampshire.

Jacksonville St. is down 49-37 with 5 min left.

So, yea W&M and Delaware should be 1-2. With the win, UD has locked up a playoff spot and has to win out and have W&M lose one game to win the CAA.

So, yea W&M and Delaware should be 1-2. With the win, UD has locked up a playoff spot and has to win out and have W&M lose one game to win the CAA.

My best friend is in the marching band at UD and she is really hoping they lock up first place so they get the bye week over Thanksgiving, or at least place in the top 4 assuming those are the ones that get the bye.

William and Mary has JMU (4-5) and Richmond (5-4) left on there schedule. I hope both teams put up good fights trying to knock W&M down a few notches, but I think W&M should win out.

Delaware has UMass (6-3) and Villanova (6-3) to end the season.

Villanova has New Hamsphire (5-4) and Delaware (8-1) to end the season.

UMass has Delaware (8-1) and Rhode Island (4-5) to end the season.

This is going to be a wild last two weeks for the top spots in the CAA.

With the way teams are playing in the rest of the I-AA, Villanova and UMass could both be eliminated by Delaware to end the season.

Jacksonville State loses, meaning the #1, #2, and #3 seeds all lose in Week 10, pushing W&M and Delaware up to #1 and #2 in the country.

My best friend is in the marching band at UD and she is really hoping they lock up first place so they get the bye week over Thanksgiving, or at least place in the top 4 assuming those are the ones that get the bye.

Delaware will almost definitely get a bye. With the playoffs expanding to 20 teams this year, the top 12 get a bye and 13-20 face off to get down to 16 teams.

Delaware received a vote in today's AP Top 25 Poll. http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

Ray Ratto of the SF Chronicle put Delaware 25th in his top 25 AP Rankings.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/11/07/10/Ratto-AP-Top-25-Rankings-11710/landing_ratto_v3.html?blockID=347695&feedID=6858

Pretty cool stuff, since I didn't know FCS teams could receive votes in the official AP Poll.

Delaware received a vote in today's AP Top 25 Poll. http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

Ray Ratto of the SF Chronicle put Delaware 25th in his top 25 AP Rankings.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/11/07/10/Ratto-AP-Top-25-Rankings-11710/landing_ratto_v3.html?blockID=347695&feedID=6858

Pretty cool stuff, since I didn't know FCS teams could receive votes in the official AP Poll.

Wow, that is very cool.

I didn't know FCS teams could receive those votes either.

I wonder if this speaks to the lack of quality in the FBS vs. Delaware's strength, since I can't remember ever seeing App State in the an FBS poll.

Archived