Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

2 pitchers and 2 SS's?

For some reason I see Juan Rivera coming back here since the O's have said they want a corner OF'er.

Santana Rivera Wood Adenhart for Tejada and Conine?

I just don't know who would play SS for the rest of the year? Fahey? or would they make us take OCab back?

I wouldn't care who plays SS for that deal, throw Fahey out there everday for the rest of the season. That would be by far the best trade possible.

I can't see them parting with both Santana & Adenhart, at least not since Adenhart has shot up the rankings this year.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles aren't the only team with a good hand though. As long as Soriano is available then there will be someone else for the Angels to turn to.

If Soriano goes tomorrow or Sunday and it's not to the Angels? Then we're in a position to really fleece them.

Our guy is still signed for 3 more seasons, at a reasonable price at a premium position. We hold the cards!

If we're trading our best player and our top prospect, we better be getting back a freakin' fortune.

Why would we include any of our prospects in a deal with Tejada.

If it comes down to numbers, give me 2-1 Santana/Wood for Tejada. Hell I'll thrown in Conine too. Although I think thats better for us than them.

Because it's the real world, and not yahoo.com

Jeff Connine is not going to get you the difference in Aybar to Wood...for them to part with Wood, they're gonna have to be mighty desperate...or get something else back in return.

Again, remember getting Santana would elevate the need for both Penn & Loewen (be nice to have them all...but it wouldn't be necessary). There comes a point in time when you have to use your strength to fill your weakness.

2 pitchers and 2 SS's?

For some reason I see Juan Rivera coming back here since the O's have said they want a corner OF'er.

I just don't know who would play SS for the rest of the year? Fahey? or would they make us take OCab back?

No, I've read where they'd prefer to keep Cabrera's defense at short and move Tejada to 3rd. This also makes me wonder why you never hear Dallas McPherson's name in trade rumors. I know he's on the DL, but with all of this talk about Tejada and possibility of Wood moving to 3rd, you'd think they'd be more active in trying to deal him.

I wouldn't care who plays SS for that deal, throw Fahey out there everday for the rest of the season. That would be by far the best trade possible.

I can't see them parting with both Santana & Adenhart, at least not since Adenhart has shot up the rankings this year.

I'd consider taking Marek too. He has some real solid numbers in A ball too

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Stephen%20Marek&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=447821

2 pitchers and 2 SS's?

Move Wood to third, play Aybar at short, move Mora to left (or trade him if you can).

Your deal sounds great, but no way do I see them giving up Adenhart, Wood, and Santana. Plus, Rivera has been great for them and is needed for their playoff run.

If Wood isn't included, I would expect us to get back Adenhart.

Santana, Adenhart, Aybar, and Kotchman/Mathis/Saunders/Arredondo

If Wood is included:

Santana, Wood, and Kotchman/Mathis/Saunders/Arredondo

I would still push to get Aybar and Wood together in a deal, and while I would love to add a fourth prospect to any deal (maybe if we include Conine), I would end it with Santana, Wood, and Aybar.

No, I've read where they'd prefer to keep Cabrera's defense at short and move Tejada to 3rd. This also makes me wonder why you never hear Dallas McPherson's name in trade rumors. I know he's on the DL, but with all of this talk about Tejada and possibility of Wood moving to 3rd, you'd think they'd be more active in trying to deal him.

I think McPherson's star has really fallen

How far away is Wood from starting in the majors?

That's a good question. I would say a September callup this season wouldn't be out of the question. He displayed prodigious power last year and he has SIXTY extra base hits this year in AA already (after hitting 101 XBH last year!!!!:eek: ). My only complaint is all the strikeouts, but if the guy's going to rake a massive amount of XBH, who cares? That would seem to be the only thing holding him back offensively at this point. All I've heard about him defensively is that he's an average SS and may be better suited to 3B. Regardless, this is the kind of guy you want in your system.

That's a good question. I would say a September callup this season wouldn't be out of the question. He displayed prodigious power last year and he has SIXTY extra base hits this year in AA already (after hitting 101 XBH last year!!!!:eek: ). My only complaint is all the strikeouts, but if the guy's going to rake a massive amount of XBH, who cares? That would seem to be the only thing holding him back offensively at this point. All I've heard about him defensively is that he's an average SS and may be better suited to 3B. Regardless, this is the kind of guy you want in your system.

Somebody called him the Adam Dunn of shortstops... Which would be interesting.

Archived