Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Anyone know the deal with trading someone like Kotchman who's been on the DL most of the season? Pretty sure he can't be traded because of that. I'm optimistic about something getting done but I could also see Kotchman being part of the deal, taken of the DL and end up failing his physical or something.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know the deal with trading someone like Kotchman who's been on the DL most of the season? Pretty sure he can't be traded because of that. I'm optimistic about something getting done but I could also see Kotchman being part of the deal, taken of the DL and end up failing his physical or something.

Not true. We traded for the infamous Kurt Ainsworth when he was on the DL for Ponson in 03. This is not suprising as I dont think Ainsworth was ever NOT on the DL.

Somebody called him the Adam Dunn of shortstops... Which would be interesting.

That was me. His power totals are the best in the minor leagues. He reminds me alot like Dunn, although I think Wood's strike outs will decrease as he progesses. Either way, almost all power hitters have alot of strike outs, it's just the nature of the beast.

I'll take 40+ home runs for the next 10 years.

What do you do with Rowell if he is being slated as our 3b of the future?

Rowell's only 17. He could turn into Scott Rolen, or he just as easily could turn into Bryan Bass. If he turns out well, move him to 1st or the OF if he appears able to do so. If we do this Tejada deal, we HAVE TO get back Wood. I mean, how often does a team get an opposing team's unquestionable best player without giving up their top prospect?

2 pitchers and 2 SS's?

Santana Rivera Wood Adenhart for Tejada and Conine?

You nailed it. THAT is the deal we see tomorrow.

There is no way the Angels would do that deal. And forget about Rivera coming to us from the Angels. Rivera has much more value to the Angels than he does to the Orioles.

My guess is: Santana, Aybar, Kotchman and Stephen Marek for Tejada and Conine.

Which is why Soriano won't take us much to acquire. And definitely not Santana.

I agree, if I get you right. My suspicion is, all this hoopla is a ploy to get Bowden to lower his threshold for a Soriano trade to LAA. I dont think Tejada's going anywhere. The Angels can't give up Santana and expect to win this year.

There is no way the Angels would do that deal. And forget about Rivera coming to us from the Angels. Rivera has much more value to the Angels than he does to the Orioles.

My guess is: Santana, Aybar, Kotchman and Stephen Marek for Tejada and Conine.

My Guess:

Tejada

Benson

Conine

Santana

Kendrick

Mathis

Adenhart

Rowell's only 17. He could turn into Scott Rolen, or he just as easily could turn into Bryan Bass. If he turns out well, move him to 1st or the OF if he appears able to do so. If we do this Tejada deal, we HAVE TO get back Wood. I mean, how often does a team get an opposing team's unquestionable best player without giving up their top prospect?

Disagree. Santana is the deal breaker. If no Santana, no deal. He's already a proven MLer, extremely young with big game experience.

Wood, Kendrick, Adenhart, Morales, Kotchman, Aybar...whatever, it's basically a pick em. All unproven, all prospects. Santana is the key.

Archived