Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The more I think about it, the more positive I am that it's Figgins.

Can you imagine Perlozzo's ****-on for him? Brob, Cpat, and Figgins all in one lineup...

we'd be the 1980's St. Louis Cardinals all over again

He did not say the deal was to Angelos yet. Got to believe we'll milk them for all we can. Add to the fact Texas is also making a run for Tejada puts even more pressure on the Angels.

I hope we don't press our luck too far and scare them off. It sounds like we're so close.

bb, do you get the sense that Angelos has already given his blessing for such a trade, or would he still need convincing once its agreed to? If its the latter, in such a tight timeframe, we could be in big trouble.

He did not say the deal was to Angelos yet. Got to believe we'll milk them for all we can. Add to the fact Texas is also making a run for Tejada puts even more pressure on the Angels.

What happens to Mike Young (I assume Tejada plays SS for Tex)

Interesting, I didn't know Figgins was playing CF for them, I thought he was their 3B. That changes things.

Kotchman is on the DL, but technically is that 25 man roster?

I'd like Rivera too, but I doubt they'd trade one of their starters without a replacement....

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/depth_chart/index.jsp?c_id=ana

Looking at their depth chart, Rivera is the odd man out. I'm thinking he's the 2nd guy.

Figgins is too valuable as a uber utility guy to them. He can fill in, in case starter goes down after the trade deadline.

That's fine. If he decides to keep Tejada, then he damn well better open up his wallet, big time. Because if we're building around Tejada, then do it and spend the money to actually get talent to come here so we can compete.

Enough of this 4th place bull*@)#

I believe when the MASN deal goes through, it has been reported that he will increase the payroll....with or without Miggy.

I'm sure Angelos is aware we're trying to move Tejada and gave permission to start serious negotiations. I can't see us getting this far into negotiations w/o Angelos have giving at least partial approval to shop Tejada before hand.

After the Marlins fiasco last season, the last thing we need is to dick around with more teams, especially this close to the deadline. Otherwise, the list of franchises that won't deal with us, will increase by at least 3.

Archived