Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

I find it hard to believe they would trade Santana as well. However, please don't use wins as your main argument why. Santana is their 4th best pitcher in terms of ERA, and the only one below him is Colon who would surely start in the postseason if healthy. So they can spare him.

"Spare him" being the key phrase. Someone else posted their potential rotation without Santana, pretty decent. Add Tejada to their lineup and they are strong on both sides of the ball. Maybe Stoneman thinks he needs to balance things.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance imo! Santana and Wood, ok that's certainly possible. But we're not getting much better than that, and Rivera and Adenhart is much much better than that.

Bigbird said 2 Major 2 Minor League players.

If not Rivera and Adenhart, then who?

Bigbird said 2 Major 2 Minor League players.

If not Rivera and Adenhart, then who?

Probably more like Santana, mediocre guy on 25 man roster, Aybar, decent prospect.

I think some are getting very carried away with these offers/expectations. You can't expect a top young established MLB pitcher, a top 5 prospect, a top 20 prospect, and an OF with an OPS of .903 for Miggy who has an OPS of .884.

That wouldn't make any sense for the Angels.

Now if we are giving up Benson, we could get Adenhart and one other good player/prospect to go along with Santana and Aybar, but not Rivera.

It seems the Angels want to give more after hearing from Bigbird...

I think the key phrases were that we're asking for 4 players and more players might be involved from our end. So they haven't agreed to give the 4 players in question up, plus we might be sending some good players back along with Tejada.

What if the two were Tejada and DCab?

Santanta and Wood take their two spots for the O's, and the addition of DCab (instead of say, Conine) keeps the Angels' rotation intact, meaning that they part with a higher order of prospect(s), say Saunders/Adenhart and Kotchman?

In short:

Tejada and DCab

for

Santana, Wood, Adenhart and Kotchman

I just got up over here and the OH is going crazy :rolleyes: .

Honestly over the past 2-3 years I was dissapointed so many time I won't get excited this time only to find out next year that PA nixed a deal which could have gotten us Santana and a bunch of good prospects. Just ain't happening anymore.

No chance imo! Santana and Wood, ok that's certainly possible. But we're not getting much better than that, and Rivera and Adenhart is much much better than that.

He did say other players might be involved from our side.

A player like Conine could bring back a solid prospect the way he is playing right now for a team like the Angels, who are loaded in that area.

I really think we can get someone like Adenhart if we add Conine.

I just got up over here and the OH is going crazy :rolleyes: .

Honestly over the past 2-3 years I was dissapointed so many time I won't get excited this time only to find out next year that PA nixed a deal which could have gotten us Santana and a bunch of good prospects. Just ain't happening anymore.

Yep. Seems like some people forgot who the Angels are dealing with here. Not Duq and Flanny, but PA.

What if the two were Tejada and DCab?

Santanta and Wood take their two spots for the O's, and the addition of DCab (instead of say, Conine) keeps the Angels' rotation intact, meaning that they part with a higher order of prospect(s), say Saunders/Adenhart and Kotchman?

In short:

Tejada and DCab

for

Santana, Wood, Adenhart and Kotchman

We cannot be stupid enough to add a pitcher who has "arguably" the best stuff in MLB... just because he is still developing. Cabrera is worth far more to the future of the O's than Tejada is.

Archived