Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Hasn't Peter gone on record strongly stating Migs is not going anywhere? I can't believe he would allow a\this trade.

He is on record as saying that we were coming back strong this year too...like our insiders, take what Angelos says with a grain a salt...maybe two grains.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question - how much better is Aybar than Fahey? I've been very impressed with Fahey's defense, but see him as a super-sub type of player.

How is Aybar's defense? Is his bat significantly better than Brandon's?

http://www.minorleagueball.com/comments/2005/2/24/132719/393/2

The above is a link to John Sickels' blog entry about Aybar. Apparently his defense is above average in all areas.

Pitching wins and with Santana, Lackey and Weaver they have a chance in the playoffs. Without Santana they are dead meat.

Without another hitter to protect Vlad, they're dead meat. Especially with Texas loading up with El Caballo. They have Lackey, Weaver, Colon and Escobar which is a fine rotation to go to war with. A hitter the caliber of Miggy would put them over the top.

I would actually doubt this. He doesn't seem like the type of owner who's "intuned" to baseball. Im sure he's been busy with clients and asbestos claims and has no clue what type of market is out there for Tejada.

Duquette seems like the real deal. It's his reputation on the line if it turns out all these negotiation were just a waste of time. If I were in his shoes, I know I'd make sure have some sort of authority before I screwed around with contending teams at crunch time.

Sorry, BB, No disrespect meant ---But I don't believe it.

I believe this is what you are hearing, but I don't believe it is true. It makes no sense.

You are saying that the Angels are going to trade their top winning pitcher to help themselves in a pennant race. Not happenin'.

Pitching wins and with Santana, Lackey and Weaver they have a chance in the playoffs. Without Santana they are dead meat.

The only way this works is if the O's include Bedard and that ain't happenin' either.

Maybe there is a deal for Miggy with the Angels, but I find it very hard to believe the Angels are trading Santana. Not when Colon has been just plain bad.

I would be absolutely floored if Ervin Santana came back in this deal. Happily floored, but floored.

Hasn't Peter gone on record strongly stating Migs is not going anywhere? I can't believe he would allow a\this trade.

The fact that Angelos said Tejada won't be traded is the only reason why I think he might be traded.

If we can get four players for Tejada/Coninie and two of those players are Santana and Wood/Kendrick then I'll be pretty happy.

Bigbird said the Os asked for Wood and Santana. Rosenthal reported that the Angels offered Santana and Aybar.

I hope its Wood, the guy is MASHER. We're so dearth of offensive prospects and being able to replace a power hitting shortstop with another power hitting shortstop would be quite the coup.

we did just draft a bunch of SS's in this draft.

Round Overall Player Position School State

1 9 Bill Rowell 3b Bishop Eustace Prep, Pennsauken, N.J. NJ

2 58 Ryan Adams ss Jesuit HS, New Orleans LA

4 115 Blake Davis ss Cal State Fullerton CA

5 145 Bobby Henson ss Tuttle (Okla.) HS OK

8 235 Jedidiah Stephen ss Ohio State OH

Bigbird said the Os asked for Wood and Santana. Rosenthal reported that the Angels offered Santana and Aybar.

I hope its Wood, the guy is MASHER. We're so dearth of offensive prospects and being able to replace a power hitting shortstop with another power hitting shortstop would be quite the coup.

I agree. As long as Wood & Santana are part of the deal, I'll be satisfied regardless of who else is involved.

I think I'd prefer those two guys, over a four person package w/o Wood.

Buster Olney was just on ESPN talking about trade rumors and mentioned the Angels offering Santana and Aybar for Tejada and added "and the Orioles actually seem serious this time about trading Tejada". Hmmm...

Great, so it aint going down. :(

Also, to the above posters, BB said we're not asking for Shields! (Which is good IMO, contenders need backend relievers, rebuilding teams don't.)

He's on the DL, but I predict the other ML roster guy is Kotchman.

Santana, Wood, Kotchman and Saunders for Tejada and Conine?! Can dreams come true? :confused:

You're reading my mind before I actually thought that though.

I was thinking: offer Tejada for Santana, Wood and Saunders and put it on the table for a set period. If they turn it down, we threaten to go to the Rangers (but not really hehe)

Without another hitter to protect Vlad, they're dead meat. Especially with Texas loading up with El Caballo. They have Lackey, Weaver, Colon and Escobar which is a fine rotation to go to war with. A hitter the caliber of Miggy would put them over the top.

They also have Joe Saunders in AAA, who's been lights out and can step into the rotation. Their current rotation is all right handers, I can't see them going into the post season without at least 1 lefty in the rotation.

Maybe Kendrick is the other major league player, lol.

Seriously though, it could be a bullpen guy (like Gregg or Donnelly) or some other minor player (Quinlan).

Rivera would fill a need in LF, but why would they want to give him up. He is having a fantastic year and is needed in their run for the playoffs. They can't rely on Anderson. He has had a horrible year. I could see us taking Figgins back and them moving Rivera to center.

I don't think its Kotchman because that means we are kind of stretching what bigbird says by saying he is on the active roster when he really isn't.

I was looking over Aybar's stats and he is better than I thought. He needs a little more plate discipline, but he doesn't strike out much, hits for a high average, and has developing power. We should push to get him included.

BTW, I actually think the Angels are that desperate for Tejada.

Good, Im sick and tired of getting fleeced, lets fleece someone and change the face and the outlook of this organization. The thought that Tejada's freed up salary might be used to go hard after a top FA is really intriguing and gives some real hope for next year.

GET IT DONE!!!

Archived