WNST reports Orioles have agreement with D. Lee, all other sources say nothing imminent

PlumOriole

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair I've actually had good, rational conversations with him. I've also had conversations with him in which he was passive-aggressive, condescending, self-important, and creepy.

This is the sense I've gotten from him from the couple of conversations I've had with him. He's been really cool and easy to talk to on a couple of occassions. He's also been an absolute creep. I'm pretty convinced it depends on what mood you catch him in.

Some people at that one Dallas station would disagree...

:rofl:

http://www.dallassportsfans.com/video-gordon-keith-fight-nasty-nestor-chokes-gordon-keith-video/

I like that his "assistants" had to hold him back. I read that and I get that picture in my head of a 12-year-old with his arm stretched and, palm on his 7-year-old little brother's forehead, his little arms flailing away to no avail. I mean, if he came at me I'm pretty sure that's how I'd stop him in order to keep damage at a minimum. :D

The Orioles have been bad, I get it. Everyone gets it, you do not have to a sports media outlet to see that do you? The only place where fans own a team is in Green Bay. Showing up to games with "Free the Birds" and then walking out is a joke. Do you think the Orioles players appreciated that? You want to make a point to ownership, but you insult the players in the process.

Not only do you beat down on the Orioles (Which is fine IMO), but you do so in a way that makes your radio station all but worthless in a two sport town. We can talk about the Washington Capitals and I like them, but they are not the Orioles or Ravens. Little insight is actually provided on the show, if I have it tuned on there is a good chance I learn absolutely nothing.

When people call in and have an opinion other than the one you are trying to push, they get shot down. Baltimore sports deserves better than WNST.

I'm not one to get into these "wars," but really...who cares?

Orioles Hangout is a message board. When a group of people come together, they are going to have varying opinions, some more extreme than others. In the case of WNST, due to their history, people are going to look down on them and what they say. Sucks for thsoe who work for the radio station, but that's just the truth. Why should they care what is said or done on here, another website?

To openly complain and whine about a rival website's fan forum is rather childish, in my opinion. For someone like me who loves to hear rumors, I gladly take everything I hear, but with a grain of salt. It happened to be right this time, but there's no knowing that anyone's sources can be wrong. Even the best journalists have this problem.

The fact that in Forrester whines about what various posters on this website believe and write about on these message boards in his latest article speaks volumes as to how immature that company is.

Seriously - this is a message board. WTF is he talking about journalistic integrity? Maybe the room was a little dusty and he needed to let a few tears go, but c'mon man -- No need to get all butthurt about a thread on a message board being merged/deleted/attacked by aliens.

Man up!

Archived