Per Jeff Z: O's in serious talks for JJ Hardy!

Nick The Stick

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think the trade for Hardy will be done when the Orioles pick from the rule 5 draft is traded with Brent Jacobson to the Twins. This makes a lot of sense for both teams and so it would end trading Aubrey Huff(how we got Jacobson) for JJ Hardy, I will take that!

I could see that happening as well. Although there are a couple of arms in the rule 5 that I'd like to keep for ourselves.. Maybe we make a couple picks.

That's not at all what I'm saying. All I'm trying to relay, is that we've made one trade for the leading strikeout hitter in all of baseball, and everyone is ready to give MacPhail a passing grade for this offseason. We need that HIGH PROFILE 1st base addition, or in my opinion this offseason has been a failure. At least sign Vlad or Thome before we are completely out of options and Scott has to play 1st. ("Lord let's hope not")

My biggest gripe, is that shortstop is being put in the immediate, and 1st base is being put on the back burner. There were like 6 decent 1st baseman out there available, and now they are dropping like flies. Good to know that Andy MacPhail has put this shortstop trade and Koji, above the real pressing issues. I'd much rather have to settle for Izturis at short, knowing that we've added enough at 1st base and DH to pick up his lower batting abilities.

Just a thought.

You really have no clue what you are talking about. No one is giving MacPhail a passing grade for trading for Reynolds. It was a solid trade for the Orioles.

How do you know 1B is on the "back-burner." MacPhail can multi-task even though half the Hangout thinks otherwise.

I really think the trade for Hardy will be done when the Orioles pick from the rule 5 draft is traded with Brent Jacobson to the Twins. This makes a lot of sense for both teams and so it would end trading Aubrey Huff(how we got Jacobson) for JJ Hardy, I will take that!

Can you do that?

I think this trade would make sense for both clubs. It comes down to what we have to give up for him. I look around the league and see a lot of players who man shortstop that are not as good as Hardy. If the Orioles find a way to add Reynolds, Hardy, Lee/LaRoche, Gregg, and resign Uehara how can anyone say they had a bad offseason thus far?

What team has been more active than the Orioles? I think the team could really help itself by adding a solid veteran starter, but sometimes addition through subtraction is the way to go.

Archived