Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Chen wants to start but I would like to sign him if he would be ok with being in the pen if he doesn't beat out Tillman in ST.

I'm starting to think that MacPhail should just go on a signing spree and sign Branyan, Thames, Garcia and Gregg. The goal is to not overspend (going on his entire tenure as GM ), so add some pieces that at least puts this last place team together, adds a little more pop, and a starter to eat innings, and let's get ready for the season.

My first choice was Dunn, and that was a joke, my next choice was Konerko, and that never got off the ground, so at least grab a 1st baseman that IS a firstbaseman, a starter that has at least won at one point in his career.

I'd hate to wait and wait for Lee and Laroche (which he can't seem to land), and then lose out on pieces that could at least keep us from losing 100 games. I wave the white flag, and give up hope. When we can't even get a second tier 1st baseman to be proud to take $21 million dollars from us then it's a sad day to be an O's fan.

and then lose out on pieces that could at least keep us from losing 100 games. I wave the white flag, and give up hope. When we can't even get a second tier 1st baseman to be proud to take $21 million dollars from us then it's a sad day to be an O's fan.

We aren't losing 100 games with the way this team is currently constructed.

Phil Wood may sound pro-Nat and anti-O, but he's right a lot more than most baseball analysts.

I definitely wouldn't call Wood anti-O. He has covered the team on and off for years. BTW, I don't interpret his blog as saying that a deal between Lee and the Nats is certain by any means.

Are the Orioles in better shape now or just before MacPhail took over?

I am a firm believer that there isn't a person on this board that couldn't do what MacPhail has done since he's been with Baltimore. It doesn't take a huge effort to look at a free agent listing, and start your shopping from the bottom. Answer to question :

2010 - 66-96 (5th place)

2009 - 69-98 (5th place)

2008 - 68-93 (5th place)

2007 - 69-93 (4th place)

2006 - 70-92 (4th place)

2005 - 74-88 (4th place)

You decide?

As Andy MacPhail would say "No comment"

You are the most annoying person i have ever seen on this board and maybe the whole internet. Why are you an Orioles fan, you bitc# and moan at everything and nothing you post is positive.

Are the Orioles in better shape now or just before MacPhail took over?
I am a firm believer that there isn't a person on this board that couldn't do what MacPhail has done since he's been with Baltimore. It doesn't take a huge effort to look at a free agent listing, and start your shopping from the bottom. Answer to question :

2010 - 66-96 (5th place)

2009 - 69-98 (5th place)

2008 - 68-93 (5th place)

2007 - 69-93 (4th place)

2006 - 70-92 (4th place)

2005 - 74-88 (4th place)

You decide?

Way to completely side step the question asked.

Archived