B.J. Upton - CF

Ben Zobrist - SS

Evan Longoria - 3B

Jeff Keppinger - 1B

Matt Joyce - RF

Ryan Roberts - 2B

Luke Scott - DH

Chris Gimenez - C

Big Game James Shields - RHP (15-9, 3.62 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

I doubt it. My typing skills are limited at best.:rofl:

Same plan tomorrow ??? You start the thread, and I'll add the lineups ???

I intentionally didn't start the last few game threads so that others could have a chance to start them (I know, I know. As if anybody besides myself really cares about who starts them.) :o

Really, they are going to play a limping Longo? I hope it hurts them instead of helps them.

Just win boys!

Me too.

Sometimes (depending on the severity of the injury) it's better to have a healthy sub playing than a severely hobbled superstar.

We'll see what happens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I saw a couple highlights and it did look a little less pronounced.  Maybeeee?  Possibly not keeping his leg in the air quite as long as he was, but it wasn't a super big change.  If any.   The one thing I see with his leg kick is whenever he swings and misses, because he keeps that leg so long in the air that once he commits to a swing, he loses his balance a lot.  He does the leg kick, letting his foot dangle in the air, and then tries to pull the trigger while its still in mid air.  That is hard to do and hard to time.  Many times his foot still seems in the air when the ball is already by him.  And every single time the right leg kick foot ends up going straight towards first base instead of towards the pitcher.  This causes his entire body to pull off the ball and towards first base and he just has no chance doing that.   All swings and misses.  Watch Gunnar for comparison.   Much more on balance and his stride foot when swinging is more or less at the pitcher, which keeps his entire body and swing plane where it should be.  
    • Oh man I remember we drafted Walters in 2022 and were not able to sign him. Imagine if we had him in the organization!
    • Anyone watching his AB's right now? Is he using the time at Norfolk to work on the leg kick and change it up at all? 
    • I think that is a very reasonable take.  Pitchers, especially middle relief pitching but all pitching as well, is just so much better than it used to be.    I do think the leg kick is a big issue.   In the minors he can get away with it and still keep his timing intact.  In the majors?   Where velocity, spin, and movement is all magnified?   It is much harder to keep the balance throughout the swing that one needs to be successful.   All imo of course. 
    • They have both earned the call up.
    • Walters is at AA Akron, and the Orioles did draft him, so they would probably have interest. He has been electric so far striking out more than 2 per inning. I also like Aleman quite a bit at AAA. He had a 0.00 ERA in 24 innings with Akron last year with 14.3 K/9. This year at Columbus he has a 2.07 ERA and 15.9 K/9 in 13 innings. I like Gaddis more than most probably. He has struggled a bit lately, but they rode him really hard at the beginning of the year. There might be something to the idea of dealing with Cleveland because Cleveland still needs serious help in the outfield. Outside of Kwan (who is out for 4 weeks), they’ve been running out the following: Ramon Laureano: 68 wRC+ (mostly platooned) Tyler Freeman: 90 wRC+ Will Brennan: 97 wRC+ Estevan Florial: 106 wRC+ (mostly platooned)
  • Popular Contributors