Tanner Scott

weams

No it won't.

How can you be so sure? There's an argument to be made that Barker is the best of the group of Gunkel, Hess, and Lee.

Back to Tanner Scott. Over his last 10 outings. 0.48 ERA, 18.2 IP, 32K/15BB, 5H, 1ER. He gave up 14 ER over his first 6 outings. 7 in one outing. He's only given up 3 runs since then. His ERA sits at 4.50 but I think we should get aggressive with him.

How can you be so sure? There's an argument to be made that Barker is the best of the group of Gunkel, Hess, and Lee.

Back to Tanner Scott. Over his last 10 outings. 0.48 ERA, 18.2 IP, 32K/15BB, 5H, 1ER. He gave up 14 ER over his first 6 outings. 7 in one outing. He's only given up 3 runs since then. His ERA sits at 4.50 but I think we should get aggressive with him.

He has a special arm, but his secondaries still need improving and of course his command. If he continues to dominate then he will see a promotion to AA where batters will be more patient.

DATE OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO

05/19/2016 @WIL 1 0 7.08 0 3.0 0 0 1 5

05/23/2016 POT 0 0 6.45 0 2.0 0 0 2 4

05/27/2016 @CAR 0 0 5.92 0 2.0 0 0 1 2

06/01/2016 POT 0 0 5.47 0 2.0 1 0 2 5

06/04/2016 CAR 0 0 5.53 0 1.1 2 1 2 3

06/07/2016 CAR 0 0 5.34 0 1.0 0 0 0 2

06/09/2016 @POT 0 0 4.99 0 2.0 1 0 2 1

06/12/2016 @POT 0 0 4.78 0 1.1 0 0 2 2

06/15/2016 @MB 0 0 4.50 0 2.0 0 0 0 6

06/18/2016 LYN 0 0 4.17 1 2.2 1 0 1 4

TOTALS 1 0 0.47 1 19.1 5 1 13 34

Last 10 games for Scott. He could be a real weapon for us at some point this year. I know he's not on the 40 man but we can DFA some guys. Hope to at least see him in Sept.

• 5 weeks later...

I know he's a favorite among a lot of the fans here, but the O's were too quick to promote him to AA. Today, he had 4 walks in one third of an inning. He really didn't have the stats to justify moving him to Bowie. Send him back down, and let him earn the promotion back up to Bowie.

Any chance we see him up here in September? He could be a real weapon vs LH's. 40 man roster crunch and all but I think with losing the bottom 3-4 guys of it.

You mean the guy who walked 7.8/9 at Frederick? I mean, the guy can be electric and no one can really hit that well, but I see major leaguers just waiting for him to groove one. Maybe if he gets on a role and starts to dominate AA hitters, but right now I don't see him being help this year.

OFFNY said:

o

TUESDAY,JULY 26th

SCOTT GARCEAU:) Tanner Scott ???

TONY PENTE:) Tanner Scott is a hard throwing lefty. People like him because he lights the radar gun up. The problem with him is that he literally does not know where the ball is going. He is striking batters out a lot, but he is ALSO walking a lot of batters. At the Advanced-A and AA levels at Frederick and Bowie, hitters are very aggressive, so the fact that he is walking a lot of batters AT THAT LEVEL tells me that he has been really wild. His fastball is great, but he needs to improve his command with his off-speed pitches.

o

o

The very next day .........

Scott entered the game, and faced 5 batters ....... 4 of which he walked. )  O.o)

TANNER SCOTT PITCHING:

Rosell Herrera walks.

Ryan McMahon walks. Rosell Herrera to 2nd base.

Correlle Prime flies out to center fielder Jay Gonzalez. Rosell Herrera to 3rd base. Ryan McMahon to 2nd on the throw.

Ashley Graeter walks.

Jackson Williams walks. Rosell Herrera scores. Ryan McMahon to 3rd. Ashley Graeter to 2nd.

Pitching Change: ) Jimmy Yacabonis replaces Tanner Scott.

o

One somewhat similar player might be a source of hope. Mauricio Cabrera of the Braves throws over 100 MPH. While AA batters barely hit him, his walk rate was awful, but the Braves brought him up. He's pitched pretty well for them in his first 13 games and has kept his walks under control - so to speak.

So he's getting a little rocked in Bowie. It happens. The guy definitely deserved the promotion if you look at his last month before his promotion. If a reliever gives up 6-7 runs in an outing, it can take him all season to work his ERA back down.

I like the fact that he's working with Alan Mills now in Bowie. He helped Givens. Givens didn't even pitch in AAA.

I think we wanted him to get his feet wet in AA this year and maybe if he caught lightning in a bottle he could have got called up in September. Heck, with his stuff he still could.

But long term, he gets to work with Mills and now being in AA he can pitch in the AFL again, if eligible?