Tanner Scott

weams

Haven't heard much since a couple of impressive outings in the early spring. Any chance this guy makes the club if Matusz goes to the DL?

No, there is no chance. He's never pitched above Single-A ball. He's not even in major league camp (aside from when the O's borrow some players from minor league camp).

No, there is no chance. He's never pitched above Single-A ball. He's not even in major league camp (aside from when the O's borrow some players from minor league camp).

Jason Garcia did it just last year. I would think it would improve his odds being in minor league camp since there are more innings to be pitched. The O's know what they have. He doesn't have to be playing in MLB ST games.

Jason Garcia did it just last year. I would think it would improve his odds being in minor league camp since there are more innings to be pitched. The O's know what they have. He doesn't have to be playing in MLB ST games.

You must see the difference between those two guys' circumstances.

He isn't on the 40 man.

They are not going to open up a slot on the 40 man and start burning options so Scott can fill in for Matusz for a week.

Jason Garcia was on the roster because he had to be. If he had "truly made the transition," he would be on the team this year. Not already sent to the minors.

Oh, I don't think Scott is the solution at this time. I just get the feeling that Matusz may be out awhile. Sits for a long time, pitches an inning over the weekend, then needs a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They signed Phillips to a major league deal. Assume he gets the chance to sink or swim.

Haven't heard much since a couple of impressive outings in the early spring. Any chance this guy makes the club if Matusz goes to the DL?

Can't see that happening. They will continue to develop Tanner as a "starter" in the minors with three inning stints most likely. Phillips was signed to be Matusz's replacement.

• 2 months later...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams have asked the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> about Tanner Scott's availability. They're holding onto this left-hander</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tanner Scott strikes out the side on 98 mph fastballs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Are we certain Duquette won't trade him for somebody 5th outfielder?