Tanner Scott

weams

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/12/26/five-things-to-know-about-orioles-prospect-tanner-scott?platform=hootsuite

In 2016, MLB.com ranked Scott 10th in the O's farm system, Fangraphs.com ranked Scott 15th and the executive director of the website MinorLeagueBaseball.com, John Sickels, had him ranked 19th. Scott found success during his 29 games with the Frederick Keys, the High-A affiliate of the Orioles, as he posted a 4-2 record with 63 strikeouts compared to 42 walks and 22 hits allowed, although, Scott's ERA jumped to 4.47. 

During the summer, Scott told The Baltimore Sun 's Jon Meoli he placed a lot of pressure on himself early in his tenure with the Keys due to the attention he was receiving in the baseball world after a successful 2015 campaign.  

However, Scott's play improved in Frederick, as his last 12 appearances showcased, allowing just seven hits and one earned run. 

4 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What other LHP prospects are throwing 100 mph right now? Or MLB players at that?  Chapman is the only one I can think of.  I wonder who will teach him how to harness and control his velocity.  Who did it for Randy Johnson?  Call that guy.

Tom House was influential.

9 hours ago, ELMERO said:

Tom House is legendary.  He also, while a member of the Atlanta Braves bullpen, caught Hank Aaron's 715th HR.

Very nice!  Now this is the "legendary" type of post that we have come to take for granted here at the OH!  Welcome!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pud Galvin predates Captain America.

Also Hour-Man debuted a year before the good Captain did.

I'm not the greatest super hero guy. Synthetic steroids have been around since the mid thirties which would be my  starting point for "The Steroid Era". As far as athletes trying to get a leg up, there are stories of the ancient Olympians eating bull testicles etc... to increase their abilities. 

4 minutes ago, Larry18 said:

I'm not the greatest super hero guy. Synthetic steroids have been around since the mid thirties which would be my  starting point for "The Steroid Era". As far as athletes trying to get a leg up, there are stories of the ancient Olympians eating bull testicles etc... to increase their abilities. 

Hour-Man is rather obscure.  If SI hadn't of written up a 2 part piece about super heroes playing baseball I would have never heard of him myself.  In the article they slapped him with a 100 game suspension for using PEDs, as unlike Captain America he needed to continually imbibe Miraclo.

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

Very nice!  Now this is the "legendary" type of post that we have come to take for granted here at the OH!  Welcome!

Thank you. It is a privilege to post my thoughts here, among knowledgeable folks, like yourself.  Tony and the staff deserve a ton of credit in creating and maintaining this wonderful site, where we can speak freely.  Been an O's fan since 1959. so I'm a "geezer".

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

• Upvote 1