Orioles Hangout Top 10 Prospects - #10 - Zach Britton - LHP

ScottieBaseball

Who's going to be 10 on the '08 Top Prospect List?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to be 10 on the '08 Top Prospect List?

• Val Majewski
    • Bob McCrory
    • Tyler Henson
    • Zach Britton
    • Brandon Snyder

It's that time of year, folks! Through talks with various scouts in and outside the Orioles organization, minor league operations executives, minor league coaches and managers, and the players themselves the Orioles Hangout staff has come up with the top 30 prospects in the organization.

Over the next two weeks we'll be releasing our Top 10 Orioles Organizational Prospects List, starting with number 10. Chime in with who you think is going to start the list in our poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Majewski got himself taken off the 40 man roster because of his lack luster hitting, so he shouldnt be in the Top 10 at all.

Henson and Britton had decent seasons, but nothing worth bumping them into the Top 10.

Snyder should be higher in the Top 10, probably on the higher end of a 4-7 range.

That leaves me with Bob McCrory as #10 because he has a good chance of helping the Orioles next season.

I gotta go with Henson, If he plays at close to the same level in Frederick this year, he will skyrocket up people's charts.

McCrory will be 26 on opening day, so I don't see how you can put him in the top 10.

Snyder will be higher, much higher.

This 10 spot is difficult. I think the top 8 are pretty solidified (depending on placement of BobM). And that would seem to leave three to five guys battling for these last two spots. On my list, I have the top 8 - not in order - as Wieters, Rowell, Spoone, Snyder, Erbe, Olson, Liz and Arrietta. That would leave DHernandez, Henson, Britton, BobM, Beato, Bergesen and Tripp for the last two spots. I like Henson and Britton, and I get the feeling the FO does as well, but they haven't played much beyond short-season. I believe I'll go with BobM at the 10 and then decide between Hernande, Beato and Bergesen for the 9.

This 10 spot is difficult. I think the top 8 are pretty solidified (depending on placement of BobM). And that would seem to leave three to five guys battling for these last two spots. On my list, I have the top 8 - not in order - as Wieters, Rowell, Spoone, Snyder, Erbe, Olson, Liz and Arrietta. That would leave DHernandez, Henson, Britton, BobM, Beato, Bergesen and Tripp for the last two spots. I like Henson and Britton, and I get the feeling the FO does as well, but they haven't played much beyond short-season. I believe I'll go with BobM at the 10 and then decide between Hernande, Beato and Bergesen for the 9.

What about Reimold? I would certainly include him in the top 9. I would probably put Hernandez at #10, but since he is not an option, I going with Britton. The organization seems very high on him, so I think he will end up a bit higher on the OH list than my current list.

I am going to go with Britton....Thinking McCrory may be slightly higher.

Hensen may be on that list Tony puts out as guys to watch for(none of those players in the top 30).

Synder will be higher i think as well.

Just to caveat this year's list, I did have final call on the list but this is a consensus list between myself, John Domen and Scott. Obviously this year I was not able to see any games after June and I was not able to talk to the guys I normally talk with during and after the season. However, John and Scott were able to talk a bit with the important folks in the organization so we were able to put their opinions into the equation as well.

Just to let everyone know, Olson, Liz and Hoey are still eligible for the list. Hayden Penn is not but would probably still merit a spot in the top ten if he was.

Scott was nice to you all. He gave you one throw away answer in Majewski. :)

Just to caveat this year's list, I did have final call on the list but this is a consensus list between myself, John Domen and Scott. Obviously this year I was not able to see any games after June and I was not able to talk to the guys I normally talk with during and after the season. However, John and Scott were able to talk a bit with the important folks in the organization so we were able to put their opinions into the equation as well.

Just to let everyone know, Olson, Liz and Hoey are still eligible for the list. Hayden Penn is not but would probably still merit a spot in the top ten if he was.

So...Hoey, Liz, Olson, Rowell, Wieters, Erbe, Reimold, Spoone, Arrieta....

That is 9 right there.....I am going to guess Beato is #11???

So, #10 is Britton or McCrory with the other missing out.

That's a much stronger 9/10 than Pope/Florimon were a year ago, even if the list is overloaded with pitchers.

Arrieta's ranking was hurt by not playing this season. All we have to go on is scouting reports from college and a few innings he had put up in the AZ fall League when we finalized the list. Really, he should be a giant incomplete.

I hate putting guys on a list that don't have any professional games under their belt. However, both Weiter and Arrieta have enough good scouting reports to be included on our top prospect lists. We have grudgingly included them which is something we've never done before.

I could certainly see Snyder ahead of Spoone and Arrieta, I think he is still in the top 10.

I could certainly see Snyder ahead of Spoone and Arrieta, I think he is still in the top 10.

Based on this, I would think Arrieta would have to fall in at 11. I dont see how he could get in over Wieters, Rowell, Erbe, Reimold, Olson, Spoone, Snyder, Liz, Hoey and McCrory.

That means that Beato may be as low as 12 or 13.

Archived