O's have made final offer to vlad

Guest Hayden2004

I got the same impression. Matusz was asked who the toughest hitter he had faced was, and said Vlad, then made reference to a change-up he threw him that almost hit the plate and Vlad golfed it for a homer, and the ball he hit on a bounce from Tillman. There were a couple of jokes about taking up a collection to sign him.

How about when Manfra says to MacPhail in the afternoon sesssion, "what's the latest on Vlad?" and Buck leans over real close to Andy so he could hear the answer. Good stuff. The guys were all real loose when talking about Vlad, so either they think they have him, or else they have a big surprise coming if he goes elsewhere.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back from FanFest. There was a lot of Vladdy talk during the fan forums. The players want him. Buck wants him. And whil MacPhail didn't come out and say it's likely, he certainly didn't say anything to make us think he won't be an Oriole.

Time will tell, but Buck made mention of "hopefully having to erase his potential lineup again sometime this week." Lets hope MacPhail wraps this up.

Who did you see?

Did you get autographs??

I am jealous:(

I got the same impression. Matusz was asked who the toughest hitter he had faced was, and said Vlad, then made reference to a change-up he threw him that almost hit the plate and Vlad golfed it for a homer, and the ball he hit on a bounce from Tillman. There were a couple of jokes about taking up a collection to sign him.

This is what I've always said about Vlad. He can take a pitcher's pitch and rip it like it was a mistake. Soriano used to be able to do that too, but Vlad made it an art. It's like the opposite of effective wildness for a pitcher. :laughlol: As a pitcher it's got to be hard because you can't even feel comfortable if you've got your best stuff and are hitting your spots.

See now, you guys are getting me all excited again...

Forget the Orioles "budget" nonsense.Angelos has scrimped this team to the bottom of the American League. He owes us, period.

Look at it this way. The Orioles supposedly "offered" VMart $48 million for 4 years-or $12 million per year (ha ha).If Vlad indeed wants 8 million for one year, that shouldn't be a problem for a one-year contract-you think? That's a lot cheaper than VMart.

There is absolutely no excuse for not bringing him here and piddling around over chicken feed pocket change.If he goes elsewhere simply because of a couple of million dollars you can blame in on our useless owner...again.

But how differently would the off-season have played out had the Orioles signed V-Mart to start the off-season?

But at the same time, Vlad + Lee would equal what V-Mart did get.

I think it's going to happen and Andy and Buck just wanted to make sure the fans were onboard with it if they sign him. They said on Tom Davis's show this morning that Vlad's mother is close with Vlad and she cooks for any team he's on. The players really like him. He's a good guy and doesn't have any baggage. If he was 30 and could still run he would be getting a ton of money but he's not so he has to take what the market gives him. He can still hit and could really make things interesting this summer for the Orioles. I like our lineup better than most teams in baseball and it's definitely better than the Rangers or Giants who made it to the World Series last year. Next up will be a starter, back up catcher and lefty reliever. If AM is sussessful the OH will be humming and the Birds will be flying. Peter has the money and it's time to spend it.

I think it's going to happen and Andy and Buck just wanted to make sure the fans were onboard with it if they sign him. They said on Tom Davis's show this morning that Vlad's mother is close with Vlad and she cooks for any team he's on. The players really like him. He's a good guy and doesn't have any baggage. If he was 30 and could still run he would be getting a ton of money but he's not so he has to take what the market gives him. He can still hit and could really make things interesting this summer for the Orioles. I like our lineup better than most teams in baseball and it's definitely better than the Rangers or Giants who made it to the World Series last year. Next up will be a starter, back up catcher and lefty reliever. If AM is sussessful the OH will be humming and the Birds will be flying. Peter has the money and it's time to spend it.
Her food is as popular with his teammates as his golfing.

http://angels.ocregister.com/2010/02/26/vlad-leaves-hunger-in-his-wake/46757/

Because some guy on a forum said it? lol

I just have a feeling that he will spurn the O's again and I'm not going to get my hopes up. Nobody doesn't have to believe me, I'm just saying what I feel. You can feel anyway you like about this topic.

Vlad won't be an Oriole and we just have to move on. I would love to be wrong about this but I believe I'll be right when it's all said and done unfortunately.

There are so many reports out right now that the Orioles have given theie 'final' offer, or that they are making 'progress' or that they are 'close'.

I am not saying that for 100% sure Vlad WILL NOT sign here... but as of this point nothing is remotely as close as the reports seem to make it sound.

Archived