Orioles Hangout Top 10 Prospects: #8 - Garrett Olson - LHP

ScottieBaseball

Who's #8 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who's #8 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?

• Scott Moore
    • Tim Bascom
    • Nolan Reimold
    • David Hernandez
    • Garrett Olson

It's that time of year, folks! Through talks with various scouts in and outside the Orioles organization, minor league operations executives, minor league coaches and managers, and the players themselves the Orioles Hangout staff has come up with the top 30 prospects in the organization.

Over the next two weeks we'll be releasing our Top 10 Orioles Organizational Prospects List.

Here's the list so far:

10. Zach Britton - LHP

9. Pedro Beato - RHP

8. ??????

Chime in with who you think is going to be #8 on the list in our poll.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going agree here that it is David Hernandez....

If I could make a back-up it would be Olson.

I would have to say Reimold is top 5 since he will have a remote chance to make the majors this year and still has good upside.

Tim Bascom I do not know enough about, but I see him as a fast mover through the system, but not quite as much upside....A righthanded Olson and therefore I would say he does not make the top 10.

I also think Scott Moore should be outside of the Top 10 as his upside is probably a league average player in the majors.

I say Hernandez-Olson at 7/8.

EDIT: Here is the rest of my top 10 (I don't see Hernandez making it now that I take a deeper look)

8. Garrett Olson

7. Brandon Erbe

6. Jake Arieta

5. Chorye Spoone

4. Billy Rowell

3. Nolan Reimold

2. Radhames Liz

1. Matt Wieters

I pegged Arrieta for this spot.

I think Olson is too low at this point.

I will go with Reimold, whom i also think is too low for this point BUT his injuries could have held him back.

If it is Hernandez, i will be really surprised to see who else falls out of the top 10.

I pegged Arrieta for this spot.

I think Olson is too low at this point.

I will go with Reimold, whom i also think is too low for this point BUT his injuries could have held him back.

If it is Hernandez, i will be really surprised to see who else falls out of the top 10.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you don't believe that Hernandez shouldn't be in the Top 10???:confused:

Over who though?

Wieters

Rowell

Erbe

Olson

Liz

Reimold

Spoone

Arrieta

I will be very surprised if those players aren't the remaining 8(not in that order).

That's why I was susprised that Hernandez wasn't 9th. I still think if he makes 8 then Arrieta will be @ 11

Archived