New Coach Search

And Steve Bisciotti' date=' one of Gary's closest friends, is apparently in Vegas with KA to help close the deal. [/quote']

Where did this come from? Bringing out the "big guns" to get it done, eh?

If this deal gets done, I can't wait to see some of the Terms & Conditions. Besides use of a car and a private jet, here's some that I can think of:

1. Guaranteed green lights on Rt. 1 whenever he drives it.

2. No traffic on Rt.1, 95, 295, 495, 270 and 70, whenever he decides to use it

3. No longer than 20 minute wait for a table at Bentleys.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this deal gets done, I can't wait to see some of the Terms & Conditions. Besides use of a car and a private jet, here's some that I can think of:

As long as the state is working on that big highway project, they should build an MCC (Miller County Connector). This road will connect all the big high schools in Baltimore, DC and in between, for Sean to make as many recruiting visits in a day that he can.

Then again, save some money and just get him a personal helicopter....code named Terp One.

Never liked Bentley's. But I like the idea.

Oh geez, this is just getting more and more fascinating by the minute. This from Josh Gershon via Twitter:

Sources: Jamie Dixon, who spoke before Sean Miller at the Coaches Clinic in Vegas, is on his way to meet with Maryland AD Kevin Anderson.

At the same time, here are some comments from Greg Byrne, the AD of Arizona, via Twitter:

Wildcat Faithful, please know that we have been & continue to work to keep Sean Miller as our coach…..
During our ongoing conversations Sean is very aware & has been very aware, that we want him to be our coach…..
We will continue to do everything in our power to ensure that happens….

I'm very appreciative of all the updates. Thank you all kindly.

Thanks, Greg, but I'm probably going to pull myself away from this for a few hours and have a couple beers. This is driving me crazy.

Especially after the latest from Jon Wilner:

Not over yet, Arizona faithful. Hearing that you still have a fighting chance to keep Miller.

Not going to bother linking all this but here are some recent tweets...

Jon Wilner:

Could be several more twists and turns in Miller/Maryland situation. Remember how many there were in Miller/AZ 2 years ago.
Very good source said the situation has taken multiple turns in past 48 hours and there could be a few more. Doesn't mean he's staying.
Source also says Maryland has always held special place in Miller's heart. Again: Greg Byrne is tough, tough spot.

John Rothstein (Of CBS Sportsline/MSG Sports):

Sources close to situation believe Sean Miller will take Maryland job. If he doesn't look for Terps to target VCU's Shaka Smart.

I have a hard time believing that they would offer this job to anyone without talking to a few possibilities so as I have said I am suspect of any of these reports that say the AD is jetting somewhere to offer a job.

I know other interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. They could get canceled but they are scheduled.

In this Internet world so many outlets just want to report it first I think this is getting out of hand. You can write a book with the incorrect tweets, reports that have been out there on this in just 48 hours. I am not sure what a legitimate media outlet is any longer.

Anyone but Rick Barnes. My grandma can manage in-game situations better than him.

Have a little respect, it's Mothers Day tomorrow... Which isn't unlike grandmothers day.

accinfo, I hear ya. I'm not expecting anything imminently.

Have a little respect, it's Mothers Day tomorrow... Which isn't unlike grandmothers day.

accinfo, I hear ya. I'm not expecting anything imminently.

You are right, I shouldn't insult my grandma like that.

This article by Andy Katz is probably the most even keel realistic take on the situation with Miller. It's going to be interesting to see what unfolds.

The Katz article has been updated with the below:

Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller was scheduled to meet with Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson in Las Vegas on Saturday with Miller's decision expected sometime in the next 24 hours, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

The source said Anderson had not formally asked Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne to speak with Miller, but that is more of a formality in today's coaching carousel climate.

Multiple sources said Miller had become the primary target of Anderson after the sudden retirement of 66-year old Gary Williams Thursday.

Multiple sources close to Miller told ESPN.com that Miller has remarked that he has spent all but two years of his life -- the last two as head coach at Arizona -- in the East, making this decision a tough one for him and his family.

The source said that Miller has said in the past that Maryland was one of his dream jobs. Miller and Byrne have spoken a number of times over the past 24 hours as Miller wrestles with the possibility of leaving Arizona. Current UNLV athletic director Jim Livengood hired Miller and signed him to a five-year contract when he was the athletic director at Arizona.

A source with direct knowledge said that Arizona expected an answer from Miller by Sunday night.

The timeline of Miller letting Arizona know by Sunday night agrees with accinfo's report that MD has interviews lined up tomorrow. It could be that MD won't make an offer until tomorrow, once they do their due diligence with their interviews, rather than MD waiting around for a decision by Miller. I guess we'll see.

Archived