AM not looking for Yankees Big 3 in Tejada Trade

O no

I don't think Tabata is coming back. Therefore I would ask for:

Austin Jackson

Melky Cabrera

One of Alan Horne / Lee Gardner / Eric Duncan / Farnsworth

In the end I think a Jackson/Cabrera/Farnsworth deal is very good.

Would you rather have this package or a Pie/Cedeno/Marshall type deal?

I would prefer the Yankees deal.

The Cubs deal, after Pie, isn't all that great.(no matter who the other likely players are)

I would trade him to the Cubs but would prefer other teams.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point on the Cubs deal. Outside of Pie, what is there? The Orioles have always made out well in their trades w/the Yankees, except for the last one (and you'll notice that Britton hadn't made it yet).I think they are a realy good fit now, too. But the Orioles have to hold firm and get quality. I'd rather have Ramirez than Farnsworth. I just don't see that he's going to help much. I think most here want Farnsworth because he might be able to close and we need a closer. But, you don't trade for a mediocrity like Farnsworth just because he's a closer and you need a closer-not if you're smart.

THis all may be true but he is still 24 in AA and in a pitchers league.

He's a former 1st round pick, so yes he has plenty of talent. As for pitching in a pitchers league his BABIP was .341 and still had a 3.11 ERA. And the 165/57 K/BB ratio is pretty good.

Joel Sherman of the NY Post has a column today about the Yankees top 6 targets to play 3B next year. Tejada isn't one of them.

There has been speculation on Miguel Tejada. But Yankees officials privately are not excited, partly because they don't even know if Tejada can make the transition from short to third. Baltimore's actual third baseman, Melvin Mora, would fit better because he is a strong fielder and the Orioles probably would not want much to remove his two years at $17 million left.

The whole article is linked here:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11112007/sports/yankees/third_watch_870240.htm?page=2

He's a former 1st round pick, so yes he has plenty of talent. As for pitching in a pitchers league his BABIP was .341 and still had a 3.11 ERA. And the 165/57 K/BB ratio is pretty good.

None of this changes the fact that he was 24 and in AA.

I am not saying he doesn't have a future or can't be in a rotation but you still have to take his numbers with a grain of salt.

None of this changes the fact that he was 24 and in AA.

I am not saying he doesn't have a future or can't be in a rotation but you still have to take his numbers with a grain of salt.

I don't think you should take his numbers with a grain of salt in this case. Horne's good regardless of his age and what level he's at right now.

So, you don't think the idea that he is like 2 years older than his competition should be taken into account?

Sure you look at his age, but you shouldn't take his age into account as much as you normally do. I'd look at what kind of stuff he has, which is top notch (3 plus pitches and command has improved a lot). He's a late bloomer and still has room to improve.

I've always thought that chronilogical age, considered independent of playing time/experience was a dangerous way to go. For hitters I think stats based on plate appearences are most imprtant and for pitchers stats based on innings pitched are most important. Of course, they must be viewed within the context of the players career. In the case of Horne his age is not as important as his experience.

Archived