AM not looking for Yankees Big 3 in Tejada Trade

O no

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've looked at their AA and AAA stats. Not much there excites me except for RH reliever Edwar Ramirez who fanned 102 in 56 innings at AA and AAA although he got knocked around a bit up there, Definite arm there. RH reliever Kevin Whelan in AA looks good-4-2, 2.98 at Trenton w/68K in 54 innings- came from Tigers. There's Shelley Duncan w/nice numbers in AAA but he's 27-did hit well in NY though.....I can see why they are so stubborn about giving up those 3.

Despite what you say abut Cabrera, you give me him, Ramirez, Whelan and Duncan for Tejada and take back his salary...

How much better than that w/b Felix Pie, Marmol, plus a SS that not many here seem to want...?

Ty is thinking along the same lines that I am...

RHP Alan Horne, CF Austin Jackson and perhaps a third lesser player.

Exactly, Jackson will be better than Cabrera and could be in the big leagues in 2009. We could make do with a stopgap CF or even re-signing Patterson to a 1 yr deal. Better yet sign Andruw Jones to play CF and then shift him over to LF when Jackson comes up...

Ty is thinking along the same lines that I am...

RHP Alan Horne, CF Austin Jackson and perhaps a third lesser player.

I hope you are wrong.

Tejada is still a good proven player.

Horne is projected as a 3rd or 4th starter and he is already 24. Jackson looks good but I don't think he is close to being mlb ready yet. He is too far away to project.

There has to be one player either ready now (ie Melky) or else the NYY need to upgrade to Kennedy or Chamberlin. Or add another suspect or two (Eric Duncan, Tabata).

Melky Cabrera, Austin Jackson, Alan Horne (or Eric Duncan).

Or

Kennedy/Chamberlin and Jackson.

They'll never give you Cano. Austin Jackson's another guy like Tabita-a long way from home and a lot can happen on the way.

I like the two relievers though. And they are both near ML ready. Give me them, Melky Cabrera...Shelley Duncan did hit well up here..

There has to be one player either ready now (ie Melky) or else the NYY need to upgrade to Kennedy or Chamberlin. Or add another suspect or two (Eric Duncan, Tabata).

Why do we have to trade for somebody that can play in 2008? We are basically writing off next year anyway. Why not get talent for the future?

As far as Tabata being a suspect, he's their next best prospect after the three pitchers...

JTrea81 He's in A ball; so's Jackson.I mean, Brandon Erbe looked like Clemens in A ball till the middle of last year than he vanished.

It's not the time we have to wait till these guys are ready; it's the danger in trying to project someone that far away that makes me think we s/b looking at someone a lot closer.

JTrea81 He's in A ball; so's Jackson.I mean, Brandon Erbe looked like Clemens in A ball till the middle of last year than he vanished.

It's not the time we have to wait till these guys are ready; it's the danger in trying to project someone that far away that makes me think we s/b looking at someone a lot closer.

He looks pretty impressive in the HWBL though, outstanding speed and great defense, and good power. I imagine he'll be in AA next year...

JTrea81

You're right; he's looked very good.Problem is, Tejada's one of the very few decent things we have to trade. We HAVE to get something back.Trading for someone in A ball is terribly risky even if they're very good.

I wan't more of a sure thing-somebody with success at the ML level or in the high minors. Austin Jackson and Tabata are low minors kids-3 years away-if they make it at all. That's a long time to watch them and pray that someone doesn't find out they can't hit the high fastball or the low slder.

I hope you are wrong.

Tejada is still a good proven player.

Horne is projected as a 3rd or 4th starter and he is already 24. Jackson looks good but I don't think he is close to being mlb ready yet. He is too far away to project.

Melky Cabrera, Austin Jackson, Alan Horne (or Eric Duncan).

Or

Kennedy/Chamberlin and Jackson.

http://www.hawaiiwinterbaseball.com/articles/detail/91

Austin Jackson Earning His (Pin)stripes in HWB

Kyle Galdeira

11/08/07

While the New York Yankees agonize over their future and enter the offseason faced with multiple personnel adjustments, the organization can rest assured that it has a promising young outfielder coming up the pipeline in Austin Jackson.

The 20-year-old native of Denton, Tex. split time in 2007 between the Charleston RiverDogs (A) and Tampa Yankees (A+) where he posted an aggregate batting average of .304 while notching 32 doubles, seven triples, 13 home runs along with 59 RBIs and 33 stolen bases. Despite the strong numbers, Jackson is using his Hawaii Winter Baseball experience as the center fielder for the Honolulu Sharks to fine-tune his approach at the plate.

“I’m working on my timing, and just getting down in a good position to hit, and trying to see off-speed pitches a lot better,” Jackson says. “That’s one thing me and (Honolulu hitting coach Torre) Tyson are working on.”

Through games played on Nov. 3, Jackson ranks first in extra-base hits (17), runs scored (21), doubles (10) and triples (4). The Yankees farmhand also ranks second in RBIs (20), and stolen bases (8), and is in running for HWB postseason all-star honors.

“I just wanted to come down here and get things as close to perfection as I can,” Jackson says. “I know nobody’s perfect, but if I can just tweak some things that will make me better and carry that in to next year, I know I would have accomplished something by coming down here.”

The Yankees have not set a permanent path for Jackson to follow, and the organization will wait until Spring Training to determine where and at which level he will start the year.

“I’m not sure where they’re going to have me, but I’m looking to show them that I can play with the high-level players down here,” Jackson says. “I’m just looking to keep progressing, and hopefully I can start out at Double-A or wherever they want me to be at.”

In the meantime, Jackson will continue to hone his craft while patrolling the outfield of Waipahu’s Hans L’Orange Park. The 6-1, 185-pound speedster marvels at the collective talent brought together in the HWB league, and hopes that his time in Hawaii will improve his standing within New York’s pool of outfielders.

“It’s great, Hawaii is not a bad place to be for two months playing baseball,” Jackson says. “You get to see good competition, and you’ll see some of these pitchers and players during the season. Just (facing) the pitching has been an experience for me, I’ve never seen so many pitchers with good arms.”

...................................................................................................

Austin is exactly the sort of player we should be targeting for our future. He is more of a 2009 guy then an '08, but I don't mind waiting an extra year for this sort of talent. I prefer a higher-upside prospect to an average ML one, regardless that the higher-upside prospect is a year or two away.

Archived