Machado to Frederick on June 23

waroriole

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be setting the Keys up for a post season run?

I know they like the kids to play for something and they think winning in the minors boost their confidence and prepares them to be winners.

They're already not only "set up" but guaranteed a post season run, because as first half winners of their division they're already in the playoffs.

I don't care if Stockstill agrees with me or not..What has he done to prove he is some authority?

The bottom line is most people think he should have been in Frederick to begin with and he was tearing it up at a level he seemed to be too good for.

They have already announced he is moving up, so obviously they agree that he should be up despite a 10 game slump coming back from an injury.

They have announced it yet, per Melewski, but it has been widely discussed and is pretty much assumed to be true. I agree that saying there is "no doubt" is a bit of overstatement, though I agree that a promotion is not a problem. But, I have to admit thought that Machado's performance since returning from the injury doesn't scream promote me now.

I see this as a positive, most of the great ones are producing at the big league level by the time they are in their early twenty's. If he is the real deal this is the next step towards reaching the major leagues. I really feel like he is going to tear up Carolina League pitching.

Second AB with the Keys, Machado murdered a 2-1 pitch WELL over the left field wall!

Wait ....We should trade him for Han Ram before he levels off! :rolleyes:

This guy is going to be the first real star power hitter that the system has produced since Ripken.:beerchug1:

Wait ....We should trade him for Han Ram before he levels off! :rolleyes:

This guy is going to be the first real star power hitter that the system has produced since Ripken.:beerchug1:

Heard the same thing about Reimold, Bell and Wieters. We will find a way to screw this kid up.

Heard the same thing about Reimold, Bell and Wieters. We will find a way to screw this kid up.

Ridiculous. Bell's issues were well known (lack of plate discipline and spotty defense) before he came to us. That's why he was available, but it was a risk worth taking in a trade for a relief pitcher. Wieters isn't screwed up at all. He's only one of the best catchers in baseball. Reimold, unfortunately, appears to be a bit of a headcase between believing he doesn't have to work on weak parts of his game and the impact of his personal life on his game. If you want to claim the O's screw up hitting prospects, you'll have to do better - not that you can't, Rowell and Snyder come to mind - those three won't do.

Not to derail the thread, but wondering if anyone else has done this....glancing at the Key's box score from last night, I momentarily wondered why Bumbry was in RF instead of CF....ha.

Loving that Machado crushed one last night. Any word on his play in the field, if he had any chances, how he looked? Very excited about this kid!

Ridiculous. Bell's issues were well known (lack of plate discipline and spotty defense) before he came to us. That's why he was available, but it was a risk worth taking in a trade for a relief pitcher.

Bell's poor plate discipline was not really true at all before he got here. His OBP in the Dodgers system was well over .350. His BB% was 11%. His BB/K ratio was 0.7, which is better than average. His plate discipline actually looked pretty good.

It's when he got into the Orioles system that everything went to complete hell. In our system, his OBP is .314 (sub-.300 this year), his BB% is 6%, and his BB/K ratio is 0.25.

That is a dramatic decline in plate discipline, and it is valid to wonder if the teachings of our system has something to do with that.

Archived