7/3 - Orioles @ Braves

nevadaO

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE Adam Jones. I have a man-crush on him, for crying out loud. I just care a hell of a lot more about the 162 games that we play that count than the prestige of being named to the one game that doesn't count.

Vlad doesn't have the bat speed anymore. Just a shadow of his former self.

I guess that's what everyone else noticed when they decided not to sign him up. Don't know why we were the team that didn't find out.... Really.

Oh come on though, you know what I mean. That has been Adam's achilles heel since he's been with the Orioles, absolutely no plate discipline. Granted I will give it to him that he's improved this year. He has 18 walks when he usually walks about 18 times the whole season.

Sure. But if you get a pitch middle-middle, you're supposed to do what Reynolds did with his pitch. Not swing through it.

I think the big Oriole in the sky knocked that ball down and then put a piano on McCann's back. I'll take it.

Got to love one inning he drops an F bomb, the next he trots a borderline line drive/home run to get thrown out at 2nd. Tides turning???

You mean taking him out when he couldn't throw a strike?

Sorry, I meant what Jimmy Johnson did to Britton:

1. Let all of his inherited runners score

2. Had to face four (?) batters to record two outs

3. Cost Zach a decision and a potential win on a day when he had a fantastic game headed into the 6th

Buck didn't do anything to Britton. Some basic subject-verb agreement failure on my part, sorry. Buck did fine by him (and the team). Jimmy John should've been the stopper there, but three runs is excessive.

Still, I'm happy that it all worked out in the end, and that Jimmy got out of the 7th (thanks in part to the luck of that last play) to at least pitch a clean inning and earn the likely 'W' he'll get if we keep this lead.

:smile11::laughlol::smile11::rolleyestf::boogie::2yay-thumb:

In other words: ahahahahahahahaha what a stupid baserunning blunder. Are you sure they aren't the Baltimore Braves ? ...

The Atlanta Orioles.

Archived