Connolly: Lee to Pitt For 1B Aaron Baker

Remember The Alomar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Connolly might have the "hitter" part incorrect. I've been told RHP Victor Black might be the return. I could definitely be wrong, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is not confirmed. NL scout just told me he and Zack Dodson were targets.

I can see AM wanting Black - Selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first round (49th overall) of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft.

I would pay all of lee's salary to get Black.....

Anyway guys just to clarify I am not completely against trading Lee as long as we get the right return. What bothers me is people simply celebrating the fact that he got traded regardless of the return. I think he is a solid player and a great veteran leader and to give him away for less value than he is worth would be foolish.

If the Pirates are not going to take on much of Lee's salary, then maybe the Orioles are buying the prospect. That could mean that it might be someone with value or good numbers. 1B Matt Curry or DH Jairo Marquez at the SAL. Any chance it could be 1B Andy Baker?

Lee has been a big disappointment. Let him go to the NL and maybe he still has a little left there, but my guess is he's washed up. Good move to get rid of him for what they can get from Pittsburgh, before the Pirates permanently drop out of the race. Given the difficulty of Pittsburgh's upcoming schedule that should happen shortly and I doubt Lee will help them.

If the Pirates are not going to take on much of Lee's salary, then maybe the Orioles are buying the prospect. That could mean that it might be someone with value or good numbers. 1B Matt Curry or DH Jairo Marquez at the SAL. Any chance it could be 1B Andy Baker?

Curry is at AA . Doubt it's Marquez.

Anyway guys just to clarify I am not completely against trading Lee as long as we get the right return. What bothers me is people simply celebrating the fact that he got traded regardless of the return. I think he is a solid player and a great veteran leader and to give him away for less value than he is worth would be foolish.

Of course it's a bit of a disappointment if they don't get anything in return. I'm not sure who is celebrating Lee being traded for nothing. Still, the O's are 42-62, Lee is gone after this year and will walk for literally nothing. And they just acquired a new 1B today who will be here going forward. So if they can't get any significant value for Lee but they can save much of his remaining salary, it's only logical.

I am not saying that I am, as a fan, for a salary dump. I am not saying that I, as a fan, care about the organization saving money (for the sake of saving money). But I am saying, as a fan, that I can hold onto slim remaining hope that some of the money saved will be spent wisely.

It better be someone good. I'd hate to see us just let him go for nothing.

We should get a decent prospect or two from the Pirates. They have a solid scouting and player development staff and are loaded with good talent on all levels. If the Os had better talent evaluators in the later rounds of the drafts we would be in a much better position.

Archived