Why does Pie scurry after the helmet during walk-off celebrations?

tinamodotti

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah, no doubt. Same with Luke Scott (not that he's going to get DFA'd). No matter what you think of Scott's political views or Pie's playing abilities, they've definitely been two of the defining players and personalities of this sad era of Orioles baseball.

Maybe I'll get to work on some TV show pilot in anticipation of their retirement. Scott and Pie, private investigators. FX would pick it up.

Ha, very true.

To be honest we should probably start writing Felix's eulogy; he's currently spotting a WAR of -2.0 and has regressed with the bat completely.

SammyBirdland can deliver it though. I already have the first line written: Felix Pie. He had a helmet. Felix Pie. He scored a touchdown. Felix Pie. He was bat**** insane.

Pie and Scott could have a second career doing tours of the ODD COUPLE ala Namath and Meredith. :smile11:

For some reason, I get the feeling that if asked, you would not refer to them as "Klugman and Randall" ........ you'd say "Lemmon and Matthau."

I'm a marathon runner. I'm more of an athlete than you will ever be. And yes, I played organized baseball in senior league when I was a teenager ...... and I feel that way. You keep doing your rituals, and I'll live in the real world. Maybe you can "post" the Orioles to a World Series next year. Don't jinx them.

Wasn't trying to be inflammatory or question your personal athleticism, was just wondering if it was true that you had never played baseball. The mental state of a baseball player is key to his performance and if a few rituals help them keep their focus, they by all means should do so... It has been my personal experience that winning teams will often have the most individual and team "rituals", it may be a useless ingredient, but one that I do not think needs to or is going away anytime soon.

For some reason, I get the feeling that if asked, you would not refer to them as "Klugman and Randall" ........ you'd say "Lemmon and Matthau."
It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say, as usual. but no, my answer would be Art Carney and Matthau, whofirst did it on stage; but Sinatra and Gleason were first considered for the film.

It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say, as usual. but no, my answer would be Art Carney and Matthau, whofirst did it on stage; but Sinatra and Gleason were first considered for the film.

OK, thanks. :)

I'm a marathon runner. I'm more of an athlete than you will ever be. And yes, I played organized baseball in senior league when I was a teenager ...... and I feel that way. You keep doing your rituals, and I'll live in the real world. Maybe you can "post" the Orioles to a World Series next year. Don't jinx them.

Morgan Freeman has cotton candy. Your argument is invalid.

Untitled-129.png

Morgan Freeman has cotton candy. Your argument is invalid.

Invalid that I don't believe in superstitious bull****, as opposed to those who believe that what they say, type, think, etc. will effect the outcome of a single plate appearance (let alone the outcome of a game), avoid stepping on cracks in the street, avoid stepping on chalk lines on a baseball field behavior whose thought processes are valid ??? Yeah OK, Scott. Riiiiiight. Look under your pillow for Tooth Fairy money the next time you lose a tooth.

Invalid that I don't believe in superstitious bull****, as opposed to those who believe that what they say, type, think, etc. will effect the outcome of a single plate appearance (let alone the outcome of a game), avoid stepping on cracks in the street, avoid stepping on chalk lines on a baseball field behavior whose thought processes are valid ??? Yeah OK, Scott. Riiiiiight. Look under your pillow for Tooth Fairy money the next time you lose a tooth.

I believe in God. But I don't constantly push it on other people. You would do well to take the same advice. JMO.

Archived