What do expect from Chris Davis?

wildcard

Are you better off complimenting his wife, or well... you don't want to insult her looks... Probably your best bet is to just say howdy m'am as you walk by and quickly avert your eyes. If you have a couple beers in you you might try the thumbs up/nodding head treatment to Mr. Davis.

I would ask Mrs. Davis for some of her sweet potato pancakes in the hopes I could smash trains with my fist after eating them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You realize Chris Davis could literally crush you with a pinky finger, right? Better hope he doesn't read this board. :D

Most men feel good when someone compliments their wife. Not like I'm saying ignorant things or anything like that. Now, whomever posted the pic in the first place (yeah Boh, I'm looking at you pal) might have some splainin' to do! :mwahaha:

I've said ever since about half way through last season that the trade for Davis & Hunter where we gave up 1.25 seasons of Koji was the most underrated ones Andy made. Just last night as Hunter dominated in his inning, I said to my roommate just how amazing this trade has been. Wow!

Aside from the very attractive woman in the picture, it's a little sad that the next thing I thought was that their kitchen doesn't look like what I'd expect from someone that makes $3 million a year.

Clearly I'm a nerd.

Aside from the very attractive woman in the picture, it's a little sad that the next thing I thought was that their kitchen doesn't look like what I'd expect from someone that makes $3 million a year.

Clearly I'm a nerd.

It looks cozy. I could totally see myself cooking a nice spaghetti sauce in it for 6 hours.

Clearly I'm a nerd.

Yea, I would totally have some Viking high-end appliances, a warming drawer or three, a sous-vide machine, a liquid nitrogen cooling apparatus, and I'd ditch the generic drip coffemaker in about three seconds for a bunsen-burner powered coffee siphon... Wait, how do we know that stuff isn't just off picture?

Clearly I'm a nerd.

Yea, I would totally have some Viking high-end appliances, a warming drawer or three, a sous-vide machine, a liquid nitrogen cooling apparatus, and I'd ditch the generic drip coffemaker in about three seconds for a bunsen-burner powered coffee siphon... Wait, how do we know that stuff isn't just off picture?

My guess is that the picture is from Maryland and is a rental property.

We only care if your wife is hot and you post pictures, and maybe if you appear to have surprisingly low-end kitchen appliances.

Best post of the day! I think we would actually encourage you to post pictures of your wife if she is hot. PeteU pinup wife thread.

Clearly I'm a nerd.

Nerd? No. Snob? Yep.

I thought the kitchen was odd too- not because it was small, but because I didn't see any raw meat hanging from the rafters. :D

Nerd? No. Snob? Yep.

I thought the kitchen was odd too- not because it was small, but because I didn't see any raw meat hanging from the rafters. :D

Not a big enough kitchen for that. His garage has been converted into a cold storage unit and when he gets hungry, he goes in there and grabs a half a cow or a whole lamb. Sometimes he grabs a dozen chickens and has popcorn chicken.

1000x500px-LL-4a322adb_26385307_240X180.jpg

• 2 years later...
Chris Davis is going to get a chance over the next two months to play everyday at the major league level. That will be different for him. He has had at least 90 at bats in 4 months over his 3 1/2 years major league career. July and August of 2008. May and Sept of 2009. He hasn't had that opportunity in 2010 or this year.

The test will be if he can get his averages to increase with steady playing time. His history say he will hit around .250. His OBP will be around .300. He will strikeout somewhere between 32-34% of the time. That is 200 strikeouts in 600 at bats. The real thing to watch may be his slugging pct and his homers. When he is doing well his slugging pct is 500 or better. That gets him to a 800 OPS. When he is not good he is closer to a 450 Slug pct and a 750 OPS on average.

This is what I see in the numbers he has put up in the majors. What do you expect him to do the rest of the year?

He did well for himself.

Archived