We should release Pie

Slappy

I don't know if his defensive skills in CF give him trade value or not. I'm not disputing you; I simply don't know. His abysmal hitting performance this year, and the fact that his defensive skills don't seem to translate to LF, make his value pretty limited IMO.

I wish things had turned out better for Pie. While you are right that he has never gotten a lengthy chance to play full-time, he really hasn't done anything to earn that chance, either. He was pretty dynamic in that one stretch in the summer of 2009, and we saw a few brief flashes in 2010, but he never has really played well over a sustained period, and hasn't been able to adapt to a part-time role.

Don't dispute any of this. I just think he still has value in trade ,and he shouldn't be simply released, as many seem to feel. It will be interesting to revisit this at the end of the season. I think Buck is saying to Felix and Nolan, "there's the LF job, one of you go take it." So far neither has.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't dispute any of this. I just think he still has value in trade ,and he shouldn't be simply released, as many seem to feel. It will be interesting to revisit this at the end of the season. I think Buck is saying to Felix and Nolan, "there's the LF job, one of you go take it." So far neither has.

I think Buck is saying "I am not fond of either one of you but someone needs to be out there."

Anyway it is pointless to cut Pie now, Angle is better off playing everyday in Norfolk till rosters expand. Non-tender him in the offseason and try to sign him to a MiLB deal.

I don't know if his defensive skills in CF give him trade value or not. I'm not disputing you; I simply don't know. His abysmal hitting performance this year, and the fact that his defensive skills don't seem to translate to LF, make his value pretty limited IMO.

Not to mention he has made numerous bone headed mistakes time and time again, yet receives more playing time than Reimold dispite his better performance, baseball knowledge, and hustle.

If I see Pie throw the ball at his feet, miss a cut off man, or run the bases like a little leaguer one more time I think I will explode. He is an athlete, he doesn't know how to play baseball.

Personally I would release both of the scrubs playing LF. Reimhold has done nothing to distinguish himself from Pie.

Stats for June, July and August

Reimhold 88 AB 16 hits 3 Doubles 3 HR 6 RBI .181 avg .265 OBA

Pie 73 AB 13 hits 3 Doubles 0 HR 2 RBI .178 avg .250 OBA

Pathetic. God help us if Jones or Markakis gets hurt

Personally I would release both of the scrubs playing LF. Reimhold has done nothing to distinguish himself from Pie.

Buck needs to play one of them and be done with it. Playing each of them every other day is making them both suck. I obviously prefer Nolan, but either way, he needs to stick one of them out there and let them play!

Personally, I don't understand how people can still not know how to spell Reimold's name.

Archived