vs. WHITE SOX 8/08

OFFNY

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Mateo has an open stance at the plate and also stands back from the plate. Hence, he is very susceptible to the  slider or sweeper off the plate. I was expecting a strike out last night with runners on first and third. In fact, he had two swings and misses at outside breaking pitches during that at bat. But, the pitcher threw one that was in the wrong place and Mateo ripped it. He is doing a good job of staying on those pitches he can handle. And, as stated above, not quite as prone to wave at outside breaking stuff. He is fun to watch.
    • @now had it right - I saw it also on the O's Xtra pregame show - Rob Long did a 2-day "school" talking with Sig on the advanced stats.    I think this is it. I've joked before you can get a lead on Orioles targets just looking at whose ERA-FIP differential is bad. I believe the 30 GM's collectively are past that as they negotiate with each other, but I'm sure they are all trying to optimize each individual negotiation. Its fun to watch Sig navigate what do I want to say to the MASN viewer that none of the other 29 orgs can scrape for tidbits of anything the Orioles are drilling in on. "We like players who are good"
    • Miller is mikes better than any of our relievers. One bad outing doesn’t change that. Felix had bad outings before. It happens.
    • As I said, in my second post, he has improved, I don’t care what he did last year. I’m much more interested in what he’s doing this year. And he’s improved, but he still walking seven batters per nine, and as far as I’m concerned, No. He was maddening when he was here, and I expect that he would be if he returned
    • Is that true? I don't think that it is. I think baseball and other sports are similar in this respect. I picked a random NHL player... literally the first one I stumbled on, Luc Robitalle. He played 19 years in the NHL. Had a peak goal scoring season of 63, and also had seasons of 23, 15, 11, 30. Heung-min Son is a poplar Premier League soccer player, a forward, for Tottenham Hotspur. In his nine years with the club he's scored totals including 4, 14, 12, 11, 23, and 10 goals. Wayne Rooney was a regular starter in the Premier League from 2002-2018 and had goals scored totals anywhere from six to 27, including consecutive years in his prime of 27, 11, 11, 26. In the space of eight years Wilt Chamberlain had season average scoring marks of anywhere from 24 to 50 points per game. In 1981 John Riggins played in 15 NFL games, rushed 194 times for 714 yards and 13 TDs. In 1983 he played in 15 games and rushed 375 times for 1347 yards and 24 touchdowns.
    • It's all good... and good reply. 
    • Mejdal was interviewed during the TV broadcast... maybe two weeks ago. He repeated his preference right at the end of the interview (IIRC, from the stands or field). 
  • Popular Contributors