Does anyone else think...

NewMarketSean

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I am just as free to call you on your BS. And this, my friend, is complete BS.

How dare they show JOY in a crappy season! Really, come on dude.

You are right more times than you are wrong, but when you whine about HAVING to go to a baseball game and complain about a team celebrating an exciting win you are just being needlessly melancholic. Relax, enjoy the good things when they happen. You have no idea how bad things can get tomorrow, if baseball (BASEBALL) is causing you this much angst that you can't even find it in your poor poor callow existence to find joy in a simple little thing like this then you need to turn off the TV, walk away from the computer and spend some time with your family.

Where is the line? Would it be ok for the guys to take off their shirts like soccer players and run around? Would it be ok for them to carry the hero off the field on their shoulders? Should fans be allowed to run onto the field like in college football? Can the hero do an endzone dance, or can 3 or 4 guys do something choreographed.

I'm not saying it's the most important issue in baseball...but I think walk off celebrations are a bit over the top, especially for teams mired atthe bottom of the standings.

Where is the line? Would it be ok for the guys to take off their shirts like soccer players and run around? Would it be ok for them to carry the hero off the field on their shoulders? Should fans be allowed to run onto the field like in college football? Can the hero do an endzone dance, or can 3 or 4 guys do something choreographed.

I'm not saying it's the most important issue in baseball...but I think walk off celebrations are a bit over the top, especially for teams mired atthe bottom of the standings.

And I'm saying that the fact we are even discussing this means we all have way too much time on our hands.

Baseball is a game games are supposed to be fun when any of that stuff actually happens then deal with it, but come on dude.

Why are you speaking in hypotheticals and trying to relate them to whatever you and Sean are accusing the Orioles of doing?

I love how you guys are saying the celebrations are "over the top" and then bringing up examples of things that aren't happening.

And Sean, I don't think you're aware of what goes on during a celebration after winning game 7. We get it though, you're apparently a miserably unhappy person. You don't have to start a thread about everything that pops into your head.

Where is the line ? Would it be ok for the guys to take off their shirts like soccer players and run around ? Would it be ok for them to carry the hero off the field on their shoulders? Should fans be allowed to run onto the field like in college football ? Can the hero do an endzone dance, or can 3 or 4 guys do something choreographed.

I'm not saying it's the most important issue in baseball ...

but I think walk off celebrations are a bit over the top, especially for teams mired atthe bottom of the standings.

So it's "not the most important issue in baseball," huh ??? It's not an "issue" in baseball, period.

And I'm saying that the fact we are even discussing this means we all have way too much time on our hands.

Baseball is a game games are supposed to be fun when any of that stuff actually happens then deal with it, but come on dude.

These are the things you talk about when you are an O's fan in August...I'm sure we won't be discussing setting up our rotatation for the post season.

And I am just as free to call you on your BS. And this, my friend, is complete BS.

How dare they show JOY in a crappy season! Really, come on dude.

You are right more times than you are wrong, but when you whine about HAVING to go to a baseball game and complain about a team celebrating an exciting win you are just being needlessly melancholic. Relax, enjoy the good things when they happen. You have no idea how bad things can get tomorrow, if baseball (BASEBALL) is causing you this much angst that you can't even find it in your poor poor callow existence to find joy in a simple little thing like this then you need to turn off the TV, walk away from the computer and spend some time with your family.

I agree. If you aren't happy with a walk off win, then what exactly are you even watching for anymore? By Sean's standards, the season is over, its been an abject failure, so why is he even watching if he cannot find any joy in the win?

As for me, I KNOW the season is over. I know we have sucked all year. But I LOVE baseball, and every day, even if its JUST ONE DAY, I can relish in the fact that my team has a chance to win that day's game. That's why I am watching, and that's why I got goose bumps when Nolan plastered one into the visitor's bullpen last night!

Did it get us any closer to having a good year? Nope. Did it erase the fact that we're 25 games under .500? Nope. But GD it was fun!

I agree. If you aren't happy with a walk off win, then what exactly are you even watching for anymore? By Sean's standards, the season is over, its been an abject failure, so why is he even watching if he cannot find any joy in the win?

As for me, I KNOW the season is over. I know we have sucked all year. But I LOVE baseball, and every day, even if its JUST ONE DAY, I can relish in the fact that my team has a chance to win that day's game. That's why I am watching, and that's why I got goose bumps when Nolan plastered one into the visitor's bullpen last night!

Did it get us any closer to having a good year? Nope. Did it erase the fact that we're 25 games under .500? Nope. But GD it was fun!

Fans can go as crazy as they want. They're fanatics. Players are different.

Fans can go as crazy as they want. They're fanatics. Players are different.

Yes, how dare they have emotions.

They should play every game with the emotion a Bataan Death March. Because they suck and make us feel bad, so they should feel bad too ALL THE TIME.

Yes, how dare they have emotions.

They should play every game with the emotion a Bataan Death March. Because they suck and make us feel bad, so they should feel bad too ALL THE TIME.

And we should riot in the streets, overturning cars and burning building when they hit a walk off.....see I can do it too!

And we should riot in the streets, overturning cars and burning building when they hit a walk off.....see I can do it too!

The complainers cannot be satisfied. Had the O's sat in the dugout, watched Nolan cross home plate, quietly picked up their things and went into the clubhouse, certain people would have *****ed that they should have shown some emotion on such a great win. That's the problem. If some people are 100% dissatisfied with the season as to find fault with everything, then just stop watching.

WHAT? That has nothing to do with anything. Please dude, you guys are just wrong about this. You are complaining about a complete non-issue, you're upset that a bad team had a moment of joy.

This entire "debate" is just ridiculous.

Why do we constantly expect athletes to have no emotions? If they didn't celebrate people would be complaining that they had quit on each other, the team and the season. Who cares if they are billion games out? Who cares?! For one night they won and I can't believe that people are actually criticizing happiness.

WHAT? That has nothing to do with anything. Please dude, you guys are just wrong about this. You are complaining about a complete non-issue, you're upset that a bad team had a moment of joy.

This entire "debate" is just ridiculous.

Why do we constantly expect athletes to have no emotions? If they didn't celebrate people would be complaining that they had quit on each other, the team and the season. Who cares if they are billion games out? Who cares?! For one night they won and I can't believe that people are actually criticizing happiness.

Just to make sure you understand what I'm saying......I have no problem with them coming out to the plate, giving some high fives and some hugs, and congratulating each other for the win....But I think all teams, not just the O's, are taking a mid season walk off, a bit over the top. September 2, Yanks and Sox tied in first, and the Sox hit a walk off, ok go nuts...June 8 O's 15 under beat the A's with a walk off...shouldn't be the same intensity.

Archived