Does anyone else think...

NewMarketSean

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone ever seen a walk-off home run in any MLB game where the team did not jump around a couple times at home plate and high-five?

Yes, EVERY game before like 1995 or so. Just because everyone does it, does not make it right. I don't even recall when walk -off became a term. It certainly wasn't one when I was growing up, in my 20's or 30's. Ok, so this shows one thing for sure. I am old. I agree with Sean that the walk off celebrations are excessive. But you are correct, all teams do it, the Orioles are no different. They are all over the top. I think his point is, maybe after you have had 15 straight losing seasons, you might want to low key it a bit.

Yes, EVERY game before like 1995 or so. Just because everyone does it, does not make it right. I don't even recall when walk -off became a term. It certainly wasn't one when I was growing up, in my 20's or 30's. Ok, so this shows one thing for sure. I am old. I agree with Sean that the walk off celebrations are excessive. But you are correct, all teams do it, the Orioles are no different. They are all over the top. I think his point is, maybe after you have had 15 straight losing seasons, you might want to low key it a bit.

I believe that it originated and/or started to become used regularly in October of 1996, when Bernie Williams hit the game-winning home run off of us in the bottom of the 12th inning of Game One of the 1996 ALCS.

Archived