Does anyone else think...

NewMarketSean

That the way this team celebrates walk off wins is excessive? They are the worst team in the AL, so I know they dont win very often, especially in this fashion. But I dont know something about it rubs me the wrong way. It's like, "guys, chill out. Good win but you're the worst team in the AL. What are you celebrating exactly?"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it shows they do care about winning . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Can you imagine what it is like to lose all the time and a lot of those games know you really have no chance of winning with our pitching?

Winning in your last bat is pretty good stuff. Nothing more exciting.

While these victories can be labeled meaningless . . . . . . . they are still fun!

I say let them enjoy it. They don't get much of it.

Absurd. NMS is on a roll of negativity this week that has gotten so bad that he's even found ways to be unhappy at the moment of a walk-off win. Incredible.

My only criticism is that we need to do it more often. That was our 5th walk-off win for the year.

11 - Royals

9 - Indians

8 - Red Sox

7 - Rays, Blue Jays

6 - Angels, Rangers

5 - Orioles, Twins

4 - Mariners

3 - Yankees, Tigers, White Sox, A's

FWIW, we've only had 4 walk-off losses.

Absurd. NMS is on a roll of negativity this week that has gotten so bad that he's even found ways to be unhappy at the moment of a walk-off win. Incredible.

My only criticism is that we need to do it more often. That was our 5th walk-off win for the year.

11 - Royals

9 - Indians

8 - Red Sox

7 - Rays, Blue Jays

6 - Angels, Rangers

5 - Orioles, Twins

4 - Mariners

Agreed, it's getting pathetic.

I was surprised that we've only had 5. When I saw it last night, I was thinking that we seem to have a lot of walk off wins, especially for the number of wins we have.

Almost 25% of KC's wins this year have been walk offs.

11 - Royals

9 - Indians

8 - Red Sox

7 - Rays, Blue Jays

6 - Angels, Rangers

5 - Orioles, Twins

4 - Mariners

Hmm...Wieters, Hardy, Jones, Vlad, Lee, and Reimold.

I'm counting 6.

This.

They won, they are happy and want to celebrate. Nothing wrong with that.

That the way this team celebrates walk off wins is excessive? They are the worst team in the AL, so I know they dont win very often, especially in this fashion. But I dont know something about it rubs me the wrong way. It's like, "guys, chill out. Good win but you're the worst team in the AL. What are you celebrating exactly?"
No problem with the O's having some fun. However, it's gotten to the point that every team does it and it's getting kind of old as far as I'm concerned but whatever.

Yeah, I'd say that at some point this became "what we do" in the majors (and pretty consistently elsewhere) when there's a walk-off win. It does still seem somewhat genuine though. NMS, I think the guys who are playing the game (not specific to the O's) are still able to get competitively zoned into each individual game. I think that's a healthy approach.

Hmm...Wieters, Hardy, Jones, Vlad, Lee, and Reimold.

I'm counting 6.

It is possible that BB-ref has not updated their information to include last night's game. I'm impressed that you can recall who got the walk-offs.

Actually, BB-ref shows 62 walk-offs for the 14 AL teams, so 5 is a fraction better than league average.

Archived