Logan Morrison

CrimsonTribe

No, I personally wouldn't do that deal. I think that's too much - and I don't think the package he goes for is going to be that much. I think something like Tillman/Bergesen, Davis, and Miclat gets it done. Arrieta and Schoop definitely is not peanuts...

You must think that this is going to happen in a vacuum were the Orioles are the only interested team

Tillman/Bergesen/Davis and Miclat will NEVER get you a talent like Morrison. Stacking low end talent in deal will not get it done unless you add a high end talent to the mix. Schoop + Tillman and either Davis or Miclat might get it done and even that is a might. My guess is that it would more likely take something like Schoop, Arrieta and Reimhold. Morrison is a valuable commodity. Not some lets hope he makes it project like Tillman, Davis, Miclat and Bergesen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if this were a normal franchse we were talking about - I would certainly agree. But the Marlins are anything but normal and gave away Cameron Maybin for two bullpen arms. Now, Mujica is actually quite good, but the other, Webb, is only ok - and both are bullpen only guys and thus somewhat limited in their value. Maybin on the other hand ranked ahead of Morrison on most prospect lists - and the Marlins were nowhere near as angry with Maybin as they are with Morrison.

I really hope that he does get traded so we can see what the return end up being :)

Why so shocked? What value does Tillman have? Very little to none. This is a guy who cant pitch at the major league level and projects to be AAAA pitcher by most accounts at this point. Reimhold? He is a 4th outfielder at best. Again in a good organization or team he likely organizational depth. Shoop would be the center piece obviously

Logan Morrison is a guy who has 30+ HR power and projects to hit better than his current avg (.265-.290 range). He is young and under club control. Thats a very valuable asset even if he does have a bit of a tude and thats kinda questionable if you read about the guy. Morrison is not going to be got for K-Mart blue light special.

And before we are too tough on the Marlins...last I checked they have had way more success than the O's over the past decade and a half.

Plus, no employer wants to put up with a young guy constantly bad mouthing the organization. We see how well PA put up with it from a Hall of Fame broadcaster, how much would he put up with from a second year player?

If after a embattled discussion over the return, the Marlins set forth a final demand for Arrieta, C. Davis, and Schoop, would you pull the trigger?

I'd do that to fix LF.

Arrieta is a bullpen arm, Davis is a bench player and Schoop may never amount to anything.

Morrison is only 23.

I hate Logan Morrison. HATE.

Dude is the biggest jerk I've ever encountered in baseball. I've met alot of players' date=' and he is the worst.

I got one of his bats in a minor league game last year. After the game me, my girlfriend, and quite a few people waited for him and Mike Stanton for an autograph. Mike came out and was a great guy. Logan, on the other hand, showed no class at all.

When Mike (Stanton) asked Logan if he would come out and sign my bat, Logan replied out loud "Tell that fa**ot to go suck a ****!!!" When my girlfriend and I heard him say that, I gave him a piece of my mind. It wasn't pretty either. It was good that Stanton was there to calm down the situation.

Morrison is by far the biggest piece of crap in baseball.[/quote']

Can he hit with men in scoring position? (Just kidding) :D

Chances are the Fish sell low on this. No way you need to include Schoop. Jeff Passan had a great story about the situation on Yahoo today. I'm a huge, huge Adam Jones fan. When I play Keno, I almost always play the numbers retired by the Orioles, as well as number 10. But if they got LOMO, he'd be my favorite. And once in a while you'd probably see a section full of LoMo O's fans.

If after a embattled discussion over the return, the Marlins set forth a final demand for Arrieta, C. Davis, and Schoop, would you pull the trigger?
Tough call.

Personally, I don't mind including Arrieta in a deal for him.

Schoop? That's a different story but that's a deal that very well may be good enough for me to pull the trigger.

Tough call.

Personally, I don't mind including Arrieta in a deal for him.

Schoop? That's a different story but that's a deal that very well may be good enough for me to pull the trigger.

I tried to look at it as fairly as possible, from both sides. Some would do it, others would not, so I guess I'm close on the fair part.

I'd also remind everyone that Colby Rasmus - an even greater talent than Morrison - just moved for a stack of non-premium talent.

Just think especially if they wait till the off-season to move him someone will bite with a deal that is better than something with Tillman and Miclat, thats not gonna get it done. Problem the Orioles have is that when you move from Arrieta etc then things are pretty barren as far as the talent it would take to get a Logan Morrison till you get down to guys like Schoop

The situation is a bit more complex then Logan being a jerk.

At the same time the Marlins announced Morrison’s demotion, they released veteran infielder Wes Helms, who was batting .191.

But Helms’ departure comes after he advised Morrison not to attend a team-related function before Saturday’s game.

Morrison had already attended an autograph signing earlier Saturday, an event that lasted longer than planned. When he arrived at Sun Life Stadium, he found out the team was expected to attend a meet-and-greet with season ticket holders.

That’s when Morrison balked, still angry at the way the Florida Marlins Community Foundation handled a planned charity bowling tournament that was canceled because of a lack of interest.

He consulted with Helms, the team’s union rep, who advised him he didn’t have to attend the meet-and-greet. Helms did attend that event.

Sounds to me like this could be a player's union issue in the making. Either way, Loria is a tremendous ass.

Archived