irishterp10

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shall we start with the messed-up apostrophe? :D

dmzzm800hugf041sqiemoev90.gif

If they're going to go with a letter on the cap, it should look like this

pMLB2-1629730dt.jpg

I guess I just overlook that apostrophe. I remember reading somewhere that maybe the designers of that logo flipped it deliberately so the design would flow better, but who knows?

Anyway, the way I feel about that "B", is that it's the Orioles most boring cap logo in their history. I don't even think it lasted a full year. Let the Bosox keep their B, we don't need it!:smile11:

I'm a big fan of the cartoon bird, but somehow I find this just a cynical ploy to sell more merchandise. I just want to see a good baseball team, is that so much to ask?
Merchandise sales are divided equally amongst the 30 teams. We'll get a share of the "cynical ploys" by the Marlins, Padres, and Blue Jays, also. ;)

A good baseball team.

joker-clap.gif

ETA

5v68T.gif
It's always the guy in the red shirt that gets it. :D

All uniform changes are a ploy to sell merchandise. There are no performance related reasons to ever make a change in dress.

I don't know... haven't you heard of The Curse of the Cartoon Bird? Here's the breakdown:

19‎54-1965 correct bird caps: 942-943, 5 of 12 winning seasons, no playoffs, no World Series.

1966-1988 CARTOON bird caps: 2030-1614, 19 of 23 winning seasons, 7 playoffs, 6 pennants, 3 World Series Championships!

1989-2011 correct bird caps: 1714-1941, 6 of 23 winning seasons, 2 playoffs 0 World Series.

Merchandise sales are divided equally amongst the 30 teams. We'll get a share of the "cynical ploys" by the Marlins, Padres, and Blue Jays, also. ;)

A good baseball team.

joker-clap.gif

ETA

It's always the guy in the red shirt that gets it. :D

Red Shirts = command in TNG. Sorry, I had to be a nerd for a second.

Speaking to the O's cap:

I have said it before and will say it again, kids love it. I see them all over the place. In addition, the Oriole Bird currently wears an O's cap.

That O's cap is here to stay. We all just have to accept it. If they tweaked it a little bit it would look so much better.

JGuthrie46Jeremy Guthrie

Hey Orioles fans, two things have been missing since 1997, a winning season & black lettering on jerseys. I for one would like both back!!

Is he droping a hint here?

I really hope they don't go back to black letters. I prefer the orange. It is bright, clean and unique.

Judging by Elrod's silhouette and the eyes from the orioles.com posting, here's a mockup of my guess as to what it will look like:

DZWHy.png

I have no idea how to draw the bill like they do, but I think that will be the shape of the head, eyes, mouth, and cap.

Let's see how far off I am when we get to see it tomorrow.

Judging by Elrod's silhouette and the eyes from the orioles.com posting, here's a mockup of my guess as to what it will look like:

DZWHy.png

I have no idea how to draw the bill like they do, but I think that will be the shape of the head, eyes, mouth, and cap.

Let's see how far off I am when we get to see it tomorrow.

I bet the cap's bill is orange, but I like it.

Archived