Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure glad I bought a new Cool Base road jersey last year only for it to be different this year...dammit! now I'll have to buy a NEW ONE...the "boss" will LOVE THAT...

Nah, now you have a "throwback." I've got the initial "Baltimore" jersey with the split "t" and aggressive taper. Just a sign of the times.

The Orioles will unveil their uniforms at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow - Nov. 15, 2011.

A tease from Twitter:

AePJIaKCEAAT8Uj.jpg

That bird's bill better be to the side. The peak there in the middle worries me. Now, the space under the eyes is not even, so that is a good sign. But I will be very upset if the bill is pointed down or something. Take for example the picture below from Dumbo:

crow.jpg

That bird's bill better be to the side. The peak there in the middle worries me. Now, the space under the eyes is not even, so that is a good sign. But I will be very upset if the bill is pointed down or something. Take for example the picture below from Dumbo:

crow.jpg

See the silhouette I posted above. The beak is not pointing down. Also note that both the '66 and '75 bird logos have that same little peak you are talking about, as well.

See the silhouette I posted above. The beak is not pointing down. Also note that both the '66 and '75 bird logos have that same little peak you are talking about, as well.

Ah, I see. Thanks for correcting me and easing my worry. I wasn't sure if the silhouette was "official."

I'm a big fan of the cartoon bird, but somehow I find this just a cynical ploy to sell more merchandise. I just want to see a good baseball team, is that so much to ask?

All uniform changes are a ploy to sell merchandise. There are no performance related reasons to ever make a change in dress.

Archived