Matt Antonelli

bnw7870

Woohoo! The Orioles have been dying to get that second bag of baseballs for a while now!

Adams falls into that Jacobsen/Hoey category that brought the O's JJ Hardy. He has some upside. Could be attractive in a salary dump or some other trade. The O's have to trade someone for pitching.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to Kevin Goldstein last night via twitter and he said Antonelli is a good bat off the bench and is a great guy as well.

Kevin_Goldstein: Might have some bench value. Great dude. RT @Tom__Peace: @Kevin_Goldstein thoughts on Antonelli to Os ?

Nice signing ...Im hoping he gets the chance to start regularly at 2B or 3B.

That could very easily happen, or at least split time with Andino in the beginning of the year, if Roberts is still unable to go because of his lingering concussion issue.

No, never heard of him. All the Orioles fans at this house. Are We. And Yes. You are Welcome.

Howuddd! Is that a shiksaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

Yes ma and she is better eatin' than your brisket! (Can I say that here????) :scratchchinhmm: On SOSH you can....

Back to Matt A man love! Sorry for the interruptus....

Adams falls into that Jacobsen/Hoey category that brought the O's JJ Hardy. He has some upside. Could be attractive in a salary dump or some other trade. The O's have to trade someone for pitching.
Ok, I can see that...but we also didn't need to get another player for that to happen.

Matt responded the following to my questions:

bobmc - "Congrats on the new gig Matt - looking fwd to seeing you in Sarasota in March. Have you ever played against Matt Wieters when at Wake? Will you be working out at any of the "high tech" gyms over the winter?"

Matt A - "Thanks a lot! I did play against Matt while I was at Wake. Great player. I work out at a place called Catz during the winter up here in Massachusetts."

http://www.matthewantonelli.com/2011/11/offseason-update.html#disqus_thread

And, he clarifies his injury during 2008 on his website, " In December, 2010, after missing most of the previous two seasons with a broken hand and other ailments I was non-tendered by the Padres, consequently making me a free agent. A month later I signed a one-year contract with the Washington Nationals for the 2011 season. I am continuously trying to improve my game in hopes of receiving another shot at the Major Leagues."

http://www.matthewantonelli.com/p/about-me.html

Lots of good personal information on his website like this, "I decided to attend high school at St. John's Prep in Danvers MA, a Catholic school home to about 1200 students, where I played four varsity seasons of football, hockey, and baseball. During my Freshman year I was lucky enough to win the state championship in baseball. I wish I could say I was the main ingredient to the teams successful playoff run, but instead I only played a few innings in left field and used most of my energy cheering from the bench. As a Senior I shared the football field with a tremendous amount of great athletes as we made our way to the state championship game and national ranking. Unfortunately we lost a heartbreaker to perhaps the most storied high school football program in Massachusetts history, the Everett Crimson Tide. I've played in thousands of sporting events throughout my lifetime, but high school football possesses the top spot in my memory. I was fortunate to meet great people, make fantastic friends, and play alongside devoted teammates during my four years of high school. The Prep, as it is known around the area, helped prepare me for life in college and as an adult."

Archived