"Defending the Status Quo?"

BilboBaggins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If JTrea wants to scream about how lousy we are: LET HIM. If BTerp wants to pretend the 2009 Orioles are the same kind of team we had in 1970: LET HIM. Its fine. None of us are hurting anyone. None of us are breaking the law. None of us are planning to physically assault another OH member (at least I hope not).

This is a message board. A place to discuss. A place where people WILL have an opposite opinion to your own. As much as I hate to say this I will, if you don't like it, then don't log on. Seriously.

I had that same problem with the Star Trek BBS and I quit going there because it was so much negativity and hate that I got tired of arguing in circles with people I would never meet. If you honestly feel that OH is becoming too negative, then either make more positive posts or find somewhere else to go so that you don't have to deal with the negative nellys.

It's massive.

The real truth about the O's finances is that PA doesn't want the payroll to exceed 90-100M. It doesn't matter if he's is pocketing money, or being fiscally responsible, as long as he and his family are owners those are the contsraints, and that should be enough to build a consistent contender if the money is spent intelligently.

This. Peter Angelos is the status quo. Not (m)any posters around here.

When we talk about the Orioles, trades and FAs, we deal with the budget that the GM has to. If not, we're talking about fantasy baseball. PA is the rock that holds that budget steady. He is the status quo. Period.

Make no mistake about it... this is PA's team!

PA hired AM (and all the regimes before that...) PA hired Showalter (over AM's objections, allegedly...) PA showed NO signs of encouraging AM to stay. PA scared LaCava away (and DiPoto too?) And then PA hired DD. On recommendation maybe...

I'm just damn glad that DD (is at least starting out to be...) is starting out in new areas. Pushing PA's boundaries! Signed another Asian player. Interested in the CUBAN! *gasp* Many irons in many fires.

ALL I'm saying... DD has a LOT of leash as far as I'm concerned. I'm excited. Even under the dark and dreary low ceilings of an Angelos run team... there ARE things that need to be fixed, and CAN be fixed. In spite of Big Brother.

Wait til we sign Cespedes. ;) We'll ALL be excited then!

Archived