Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

Great stuff here ... Dude if you just want to be a Troll go here _----------->>>>>>>> www.talkingchop.com/

Your 400 posts or this deal ending wont come soon enough!

Unnecessary. Swamp hasn't done anything to deserve this sort of rudeness.

Have I been a troll before? No, it's only you thinking that. Just got tired of your constant bashes on me with no real substance.

As for talkingchop, some good blogs but it's a terrible layout to post on. I go elsewhere for Braves talk.

Just ignore him. In fact, in the settings (I think - I've never actually done it) you can add him to your ignore list if you don't want to see his posts anymore. Most people here appreciate the discussion. Before the Jones trade discussion got going, all we were doing around here was pointlessly arguing about Fielder and watching tumbleweeds roll across the 1s and 0s.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to pick sides, but you should probably tone it down a little, Johnny. Is he undervaluing Jones a little? Probably. Are we overvaluing Jones a little? Probably.

Just because he's a fan of another team doesn't mean he's not welcome to post here. Personally, I appreciate the different opinion, especially since it's coming from someone who's pretty knowledgeable and articulate in their responses.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, that isn't trolling. I mean maybe he's overvaluing or undervaluing some players but we're all guilty of that. Swampdonks has been friendly and given us a lot to talk about. It's nice to have another fan's perspective.

Have I been a troll before? No, it's only you thinking that. Just got tired of your constant bashes on me with no real substance.

As for talkingchop, some good blogs but it's a terrible layout to post on. I go elsewhere for Braves talk.

What constant bashes??? Show them to me .... You are a Braves fan visiting here. Your opinions are stated as facts that you provide no links to support.

My response to you was about specific quotes that have been published.

You called Andino "adding in a utility guy like Andino isn't going to change that either". It was already mentioned that he's viewed by" some teams" (not sure about the if the Braves are one of those teams or not.

The other post about the Top 4.... I cant seem to find the link 4 ...But one exists . Here's the thing ....The Braves have very good pitching prospects ...But not all of them or anywhere close will end up being "very good" (your term). And some certainly will bust ...trading Adam Jones and not getting some quality long term pieces doesnt make sense for the Orioles....Despite all of this and your tangent ... The two teams still seem to be talking. Their must be some common ground or talks would be long dead.

Not trying to pick sides, but you should probably tone it down a little, Johnny. Is he undervaluing Jones a little? Probably. Are we overvaluing Jones a little? Probably.

Just because he's a fan of another team doesn't mean he's not welcome to post here. Personally, I appreciate the different opinion, especially since it's coming from someone who's pretty knowledgeable and articulate in their responses.

Just my two cents.

This isnt Trolling ?

A Scrat

Unnecessary. Swamp hasn't done anything to deserve this sort of rudeness.

Did u read this post ???

Everytime I see it's a post from you, I shake my head because I know there's going to be nothing of substance in that post. The good thing is, you're really the only poster on this board that I can say that for.

Some knowledgeable posters here on OH

Yeah, that isn't trolling. I mean maybe he's overvaluing or undervaluing some players but we're all guilty of that. Swampdonks has been friendly and given us a lot to talk about. It's nice to have another fan's perspective.

Ditto!

Just my two cents.

Exactly, I appreciate the insight from knowledgable fans of other teams. I think some people are upset because he's not saying what they want to hear.

From what I'm hearing, he (Adam) thinks a deal is getting done fairly quickly. When I talked to him, he said that he has nothing against Baltimore, he broke on to the scene with them, and he WOULD extend. He loves Baltimore, it's his second home, and he loves the fans. However, he said that he believe that the organization needs to do better as a whole to bridge the gap from losing to winning fairly quickly. To compliment Trea's statements, Jones said, (paraphrasing), "You know, we are all at that age where we will be hitting out peak years, and this is our time to shine. We need a bat, and a few more pitchers, and I think we can do it. You'll see how special our young pitching is soon."

That's all I have for now.

Will try to get more hen I talk to him tomorrow.

BTW, when I asked his mom about the trade talks, she said "No comment, but things are moving fast, and I'm trying to keep up with it."

This isnt Trolling ?

A Scrat

Did u read this post ???

Ditto!

It's not really trolling since it's kind of true. You've been antagonizing him from the get-go. I'm not trying to pick sides and fight for someone but Swampdonks hasn't done anything wrong. I appreciate what he's brought to the board.

From what I'm hearing, he (Adam) thinks a deal is getting done fairly quickly. When I talked to him, he said that he has nothing against Baltimore, he broke on to the scene with them, and he WOULD extend. He loves Baltimore, it's his second home, and he loves the fans. However, he said that he believe that the organization needs to do better as a whole to bridge the gap from losing to winning fairly quickly. To compliment Trea's statements, Jones said, (paraphrasing), "You know, we are all at that age where we will be hitting out peak years, and this is our time to shine. We need a bat, and a few more pitchers, and I think we can do it. You'll see how special our young pitching is soon."

BTW, when I asked his mom about the trade talks, she said "No comment, but things are moving fast, and I'm trying to keep up with it."

Didn't you post this yesterday?

Players alot of times get traded and find out after the fact. The teams don't usually put the players that much in the loop . Perhaps just to say it is possible.

It's not really trolling since it's kind of true. You've been antagonizing him from the get-go. I'm not trying to pick sides and fight for someone but Swampdonks hasn't done anything wrong. I appreciate what he's brought to the board.

No I havent ... I've repeatedly listened to how he overvalues the Braves pitching prospects. And how he undervalues Jones (current & future potential) and the post about how Andino has little value.

I get it ...again the post that I have highlighted was so uncalled for an is in fact Trolling! I received a infraction a few years ago for less than that in a post.

Not too forget the snied comment about ...He d hate to see us see Jones leave and only get a draft pick. Like he cares about the Orioles. Or moreso just hope we will accept the package of players that dont really help the Orioles and where they need to go.

Exactly, I appreciate the insight from knowledgable fans of other teams. I think some people are upset because he's not saying what they want to hear.

I appreciate it guys :beerchug1:

As I said, I was really surprised by all the intelligent baseball posters on here. I can not say the same about most Braves fans I come across, unfortunately.

I get it ...again the post that I have highlighted was so uncalled for an is in fact Trolling! I received a infraction a few years ago for less than that in a post.

I'll give you this Johnny, one of the admins did agree with you :laughlol:

eta: If you thought I was trolling, I apologize, but I assure you I wasn't. Everything I say is just my opinion. I understand most here aren't going to agree with it.

Archived