Advocating Carlos Pena for 1B in 2012

Enjoy Terror

The Yankees talent pool of players is much better than the Orioles...In their lineup Pena bats 7 th. .. Here he's middle of TE order

He sure beats our current MOO bat . I'm not advocating Pena because he would cost too much, but your reasons for not wanting him don't hold water, IMO. He would be a welcome addition for one year if he came cheap.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.That's true but Davis is actually very good defensively at first, so I would rather him be in the field.
Is he? I know he's better at first than at third. A quick look suggests he's adequate in the field at 1B and a liability at 3B.

I could be convinced--what suggests he's a good glove 1B? If true I'm fine with giving him a shot to prove it every day.

Is he? I know he's better at first than at third. A quick look suggests he's adequate in the field at 1B and a liability at 3B.

I could be convinced--what suggests he's a good glove 1B? If true I'm fine with giving him a shot to prove it every day.

His numbers suggest he is below average at 1B but better than at 3B. Either way it is a SSS. The only reason we really have to believe he is a good 1B, is that our baseball people seem to think so

Scouting reports of him have always said that he is good with the glove at first.

He sure beats our current MOO bat . I'm not advocating Pena because he would cost too much, but your reasons for not wanting him don't hold water, IMO. He would be a welcome addition for one year if he came cheap.

Let's agree to disagree. I personally think one of these hitters is enough in our lineup. You can certainly argue how to determine a good bat. As a player the higher you B Avg was the better. .280 or better and you were pretty good ...Low .200 you weren't.

Let's agree to disagree. I personally think one of these hitters is enough in our lineup. You can certainly argue how to determine a good bat. As a player the higher you B Avg was the better. .280 or better and you were pretty good ...Low .200 you weren't.
I see. So Kotchman and Looney are both more valuable at 1B than Teixeira and Howard because their BA is 30+points higher?

His OBP was .359 so I think batting average can be misleading.

Because that is what you were taught, and now we know that it's wrong.

Archived