Swaim on twitter: Nationals to sign Prince Fielder to 8 year deal?

Greg

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm just bitter because of the Ravens loss yesterday, but I truly feel we are ill-fated as Baltimore area sports fans. Not only would we have to blow the other offers off the table (something I can't imagine Angelos doing), but Fielder would have to suddenly be willing to switch leagues and to play for a team that has lost for 14 straight years.

I think Fielder would add excitement to a fanbase that has little right now, but I'd be floored if Angelos ponied up what it's going to cost to bring him here.

Jim_Duquette #Orioles are definitely in on PF - it remains to be seen if they'll go to the "magic" number. But there's plenty of motivation to sign him

Looks like Boras is getting getting his strawman, who happens to be wearing an O's cap & jersey, to leverage the Nats into a few more years and dollars. My challenge to the photoshop guys is to find a pic of that strawman.

Can the Orioles also afford to add another quality SP via FA or trade if (yes, big if) they sign Fielder? Would this move pretty much finish the offseason?

If the Orioles sign Fielder (can't type that without rolling my eyes), I think any other acquisitions would have to be via trade (not counting 17 year old Portuguese softball players).

Can the Orioles also afford to add another quality SP via FA or trade if (yes, big if) they sign Fielder? Would this move pretty much finish the offseason?

I don't see us going after any other big players if we were to sign Fielder. We would pretty much be dependent on what we have at this point.

Maybe I'm just bitter because of the Ravens loss yesterday, but I truly feel we are ill-fated as Baltimore area sports fans. Not only would we have to blow the other offers off the table (something I can't imagine Angelos doing), but Fielder would have to suddenly be willing to switch leagues and to play for a team that has lost for 14 straight years.

I think Fielder would add excitement to a fanbase that has little right now, but I'd be floored if Angelos ponied up what it's going to cost to bring him here.

Maybe if we tricked him into thinking he was gonna play for the Ravens, he would sign with us.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/117930-Where-does-Baltimore-rank

Jim_Duquette #Orioles are definitely in on PF - it remains to be seen if they'll go to the "magic" number. But there's plenty of motivation to sign him

Things are heating up. I still can't imagine Fielder wanting to play for the Orioles, but it's still nice to hear our name mentioned.

Archived